Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Integrity Check
Operating Systems Solaris File Integrity Check Post 302255401 by pupp on Thursday 6th of November 2008 10:35:45 AM
Old 11-06-2008
i think your best bet might be to do what i said above. i looked around and found someone used rsync with linux and copied to a new mount.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

File Integrity checker with recovery

Hello friends I have an CentosOS 5 box running Apache, I want to Install a powerful File Integrity checker with recovery option to maintain any changes may be happened without my hand Could you help me to recommend such solution Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data integrity check needed

Hi friends I need copied 100gd of data to other Solaris server. Could anyone help me guiding appropriate way of checking data integrity at source and destination so can I delete the data at source location . How can print/check cksum of individual file in each folder and match it with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed and tar file integrity

How can I ensure the folder that I tar and compress is good to be archive in DVD or tape? Must I uncompress and untar the file, or there is any way to tell the integerity of the compressed file before send to archive? I have bad experience on this, which the archive compressed file cold not be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrity check for the backup

Hello I thought of different ways of integrity check for the backup and look for the fastest approach to start programming. in all these approaches randomness is used. I would appreciate if someone give more suggestions or correct me. 1- Machine Name Check We can check if the machines were... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
5 Replies
cryptest(1)						      General Commands Manual						       cryptest(1)

NAME
cryptest - Test Driver for Crypto++, a C++ Class Library of Cryptographic Primitives SYNOPSIS
cryptest [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
cryptest takes the following options g generate an RSA key h display usage information r encrypt and decrypt a string using RSA rs privatekeyfile messagefile signaturefile sign a file using RSA rv publickeyfile messagefile signaturefile verify a signature of a file using RSA m file calculate MD5, SHA, and RIPEMD-160 message digests t encrypt and decrypt a string using DES-EDE in CBC mode e|d input output encrypt or decrypt a file ss <threshold> <number-of-shares> file secret share a file (shares will be named file.000, file.001, etc) sr file share1 share2 [....] reconstruct a secret-shared file (number of shares given must be equal to threshold) id <threshold> <number-of-shares> file information disperse a file (shares will be named file.000, file.001, etc) ir file share1 share2 [....] reconstruct an information-dispersed file (number of shares given must be equal to threshold) z <compression-level> input output gzip a file u input output gunzip a file ae input output encrypt a file with AES in CTR mode e64 input output base64 encode a file d64 input output base64 decode a file e16 input output hex encode a file d16 input output hex decode a file ft source-port destination-host destination-port forward a TCP connection fips run the FIPS 140-2 sample application fips-rand generate 100000 random files using FIPS Approved X.917 RNG mt input run Maurer's randomness test on a file v run validation tests V display version number b [time for each benchmark in seconds] [frequency of CPU in gigahertz] run benchmarks tv filename run test vector file (available in TestVectors example subdirectory) AUTHOR
This man page was created by Stephen Zander, Pierre Machard and Jens Peter Secher for the Debian distribution. It is licenced under the same terms as the rest of the Crypto++ library, written by Wei Dai. local cryptest(1)