Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to determine the level of OS in HP-UNIX Post 302255160 by aschmid on Thursday 6th of November 2008 02:48:51 AM
Old 11-06-2008
How to determine the level of OS in HP-UNIX

How can you determine the level ot the operating system
on an HP UNIX System?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine Unix Version

Is there a trick to determine the exact version from Unix that one is working with? I would have expected to see it after logon, but all I get are some Copyright-messages... I know it's some HP-UX, but I would like to know the version-number Tnx in advance! Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegeysemans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to determine which kind of unix is used

how can i determine which type of unix (solaris ,AIX,HP-UX...) is installed on the machine that i am working? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oot: Level 2 Unix Support? meaning

Hi all, I am sorry, I know this is not correct forum/silly question (usually this is requirement in some vacancies), but i hope someone can explain to me, what is the meaning of : SUN Tier 3 Support Tier 3 Application Installation Level 2 Solaris Level 2 AD MOM + DBA Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to disable application level logs in Unix?

Hi, I'm working in an application and the related Java code and the envrionment is in Unix server. We are generating the log messages using loggers of Java.util.log . But, the logs are not getting generated in the log files. We feel that the people who developed the system might have done some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelangovan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix?

How to determine if a host is connected to the Internet in Unix ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem to determine all files and dir match up on 2 different unix boxes

Hi Friends I have 2 solaris boxes and I need to check certain directories (on local filesystem and mounted nfs) to make sure that they match up on both boxes and to delete or move the other mismatches to elsewhere on the local filesystem. I investigated for unix commands like rsync, and tree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpc8250
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forming a query in unix level

Hi, I will execute a query in sqlplus and redirect to a file. The file will contains the date value such as 2011-04-12 02:00:00. i want to make the content of the file such as, select * from table where col1>to_date('2011-04-12 02:00:00','yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS'). Apar from the bold... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX intermediate level documentation

Hi, Can maybe some of the UNIX-guys recommend an online UNIX intermediate level documentation with examples (not too dry :-). More the post-beginner level, for someone who has to play around with files and directories, with chmod, grep, sed, a little awk maybe... bw, Omar KN (once tasted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation on OS level or application level

We have a RHEL 5.8 server at the production level and we have a Java application on this server. I know of the SSL certificate generation at the OS (RHEL) level but it is implemented on the Java application by our development team using the Java keytool. My doubt is that is the SSL generation can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies
setservent(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     setservent(3)

NAME
setservent, setservent_r - Open or rewind the services file LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <netdb.h> void setservent( int stay_open); [Tru64 UNIX] The following function is supported in order to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of the operating sys- tem. int setservent_r( int stay_open, struct servent_data *serv_data); [Tru64 UNIX] The following function is supported in order to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of the operating sys- tem. int setservent( int stay_open); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: setservent(): XNS4.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Indicates when to close the services file. Specifying a value of 0 (zero) causes the file to be closed after each call to the getservent() function. Specifying a nonzero value allows the file to remain open after each call. [Tru64 UNIX] Points to a structure where setser- vent_r() stores information about the services file. DESCRIPTION
The setservent() (set service entry) function opens either the local /etc/services file or the NIS distributed services file, and sets the file marker at the beginning of the file. To determine which file or files to search, and in which order, the system uses the switches in the /etc/svc.conf file. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] The setservent_r() function is the reentrant version of the setservent() function. It is supported in order to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of the operating system. Upon successful completion, the setservent_r() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, it returns a value of -1. [Tru64 UNIX] Before calling the setservent_r() function for the first time, you must zero-fill the servent_data structure. The netdb.h header file defines the servent_data structure. RETURN VALUES
Current industry standards for setservent() do not define return values. [Tru64 UNIX] Upon successful completion, the setservent() function included for backward compatibility returns a 1 for success. Other- wise, it returns a value of 0 (zero). ERRORS
Current industry standards for setservent() do not define error values. [Tru64 UNIX] If any of the following conditions occurs, the setservent_r() function sets errno to the corresponding value: If serv_data is invalid. In addition, the setservent() and setservent_r() functions can fail to open the file. In this case, errno will be set to the failure. FILES
Contains service names. The database service selection configuration file. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: endservent(3), getservbyname(3), getservbyport(3), getservent(3). Files: services(4), svc.conf(4). Networks: nis_intro(7). Standards: standards(5). delim off setservent(3)