Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Insert Title To Each Lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert Title To Each Lines Post 302254992 by radoulov on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 05:01:03 PM
Old 11-05-2008
Code:
% print 'YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR ID
YOUR EMAIL
YOUR ADDRESS
YOUR PHONE'|perl -lape'$_=ucfirst(lc($F[-1])).": ".$_'
Name: YOUR FULL NAME
Id: YOUR ID
Email: YOUR EMAIL
Address: YOUR ADDRESS
Phone: YOUR PHONE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines between delimiters

I'm working with a file like: somestuff somemorestuff ... someadditionalstuff STARTTAG ENDTAG someotherstuff somecoolstuff ... somefinalstuffI've got some text (either in a file or piped) to put between STARTTAG and ENDTAG. I was thinking something like grepping for the line number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMDan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Insert lines before lines.

Hi, New problem, or challenge as they prefer in the US. I need to insert some lines in a file before certain other lines. To make it more clear: Original file: aaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd bbbbb fffff ggggg Now I want to insert the line "NEW_NEW_NEW" when I match "fffff", but I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert between lines.

Hello...I'm here again. This is the situation I want check if exist text between two lines: Example: interface description --text to verify ip adress if not exists text between 'interface' and 'ip address' i want insert the word 'no description' interface no description --if not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
4 Replies

4. Linux

how to insert a title into a window in kshell

hi all, i am using a Ubuntu work station. i have following piece of code that works ok. But i cant figure out a way to insert a string call $Name into the title of the window i am opening. As you can see, i tried two different ways without a success. Can someone please help me out here? :( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - insert two lines

I have done this sed command to insert one line after a specific string is found: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string' file1 But how do I insert two lines? This is not possible: sed '/patternstring/ a\ new line string \a new line string 2' file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a string instead of blank lines

how can i insert a string sush as "###" instead of blank lines in a file? i try this code but it doesn't work! awk 'NF<1 {$1=="###" ; print$0}' in_file > out_file (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert at the beginning of odd lines

Hello people, I am trying with sed to insert some text at the beginning of each odd line of a file but no luck. Can you please help. Awk is also suitable but I am not very familiar with it. Thank you in advance for any help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to insert duplicated lines

Dear All, Suppose I have a file: 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3I want to insert new line under each old line so that the file would become: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3How can this be accomplished using awk (or sed)? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text before first 'n' lines

I want to put a particular text, say, the hash '#' before each of the first n lines of a file. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
Email::Folder(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Email::Folder(3pm)

NAME
Email::Folder - read all the messages from a folder as Email::Simple objects. SYNOPSIS
use Email::Folder; my $folder = Email::Folder->new("some_file"); print join " ", map { $_->header("Subject") } $folder->messages; METHODS
new($folder, %options) Takes the name of a folder, and a hash of options If a 'reader' option is passed in then that is used as the class to read in messages with. messages Returns a list containing all of the messages in the folder. Can only be called once as it drains the iterator. next_message acts as an iterator. reads the next message from a folder. returns false at the end of the folder bless_message($message) Takes a raw RFC822 message and blesses it into a class. By default this is an Email::Simple object but can easily be overriden in a subclass. For example, this simple subclass just returns the raw rfc822 messages, and exposes the speed of the parser. package Email::RawFolder; use base 'Email::Folder'; sub bless_message { $_[1] }; 1; reader read-only accessor to the underlying Email::Reader subclass instance PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Folder> AUTHORS
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYING
Copyright 2006, Simon Wistow Distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. This software is under no warranty and will probably ruin your life, kill your friends, burn your house and bring about the doobie brothers. SEE ALSO
Email::LocalDelivery, Email::FolderType, Email::Simple perl v5.10.0 2009-07-27 Email::Folder(3pm)