Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot Accept License Agreement on Smit Install? Post 302254937 by bakunin on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 01:34:28 PM
Old 11-05-2008
SMIT is just a nicely polished (and, btw., even extendable) UI to execute normal system commands. If you could do it with SMIT you always can do it manually too - maybe not as comfortably so, but you can.

You can - by pressing <F6> - even look at the command(s) SMITty would issue and can cut/paste/edit this to use it in your own scripts. This is quite handy for developing scripts for the more arcane parts of AIX.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

License issue on Java install

I'm a AIX novice - please bear with me.. I'm trying to install Java14_64_sdk on an Aix 5.2 server (P690) I've copied the ff files to a separate directory: Java14_64.ext Java14_64.license Java14_64.sdk I then run smitty installp, point to the above directory and choose the Java14_64.sdk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
0 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

smit.script

what is the smit.script file and does it ever need to be cleaned up or deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamRainwater
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install won't accept IP address

Hi I am trying to debug an issue with an automated install I have set-up. So to start I just ran a simple ok; boot cdrom - install but when it came to the IP address field it would only take the following format 123.123.123.12 and would not let me enter the last digit Anybody got any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
9 Replies

4. AIX

Smit logs

Hi everyone, I'm trying to keep my smit logs in other directory diferent than the user's home. I know with -l and -s you can change this settings but I'm wondering if there is any environment value that I can set. It can be done using alias too ... Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfons
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mozilla not launching after accepting License Agreement

Hi, I have a scenario in which i execute and rsh command from Solaris to HPUX to execute a script in HPUX. a) rsh <HPUX_SERVER_IP> /opt/launchMozilla The script in HPUX has a command to launch the mozilla. ---BEGIN:launchMozilla----- #!/usr/bin/ksh HOME=/home/netmgr export $HOME ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suha228
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostid for software install - license issue

Hi all. Solaris 9. After I change the hostid, how can I change it back without rebooting the machine? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

7. AIX

Doubts on SMIT

Hi All, Have a few doubts on SMIT. 1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ? 2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ? 3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ? 4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. The grub source distribution carries this script to ease the installation of grub as a boot loader. In Suse Linux however, grub installa- tion is much better handled by Yast; use of this script is generally discouraged and therefore unsupported. Consequently, the script has been renamed to grub-install.unsupported. In order to (re-)install grub for the currently running system, simply use Yast. For an installation aiming at a differing system, the crafting of an appropriate device.map and grub shell script is strongly advised, e.g. "grub --batch --device-map=target-device.map < tar- get-grub.conf" SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) May 2005 GRUB-INSTALL(8)