Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS FAQ on ZFS and Solaris 10 10/08 OS Post 302254924 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 12:50:01 PM
Old 11-05-2008
FAQ on ZFS and Solaris 10 10/08 OS

Now Solaris 10 systems can boot from ZFS and use ZFS as their root file system. The update also includes enhancements for Solaris Containers and Logical Domains, and support for Solaris 10 as a guest OS in Xen-based environments such as Sun xVM Server. Find out more in this FAQ on sun.com.

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 ZFS

I'm typing on a nice Sunblade 100 that is willing to be a lab rat for my experiments. I installed Solaris 10 and want to mess with ZFS. Does anyone have any docs on how to install zfs or how to convert my current UFS filesystems to ZFS? Does anyone have any experiences good or bad with ZFS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Newbie for solaris 10 and zfs

I have a Sun T2000 machines and require to reinstall the OS (Solaris 10 05/09). During installation, it prompts me about using UFS/ZFS and I'd chosen ZFS and choose to separate /root and /var. After installation, it displays the following: Filesystem kbytes used avail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris zone on ZFS

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

4. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Install Solaris 11 with ZFS

Hi, I'm not expert with solaris. I Familiar with Linux variant only. Could anyone point me to right tutorial? I got one > but not sure it can be use or not. I'm doing fresh install for new server. The server spec did not come out yet. Please assist me. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
17 Replies
Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Sun - SNMP Interface to L3 Sun Solaris AUTHOR
begemot SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $sun = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'mysunrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $sun->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Sun Routers running SunOS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $sun->vendor() Returns 'sun' $sun->os() Returns 'sun' $sun->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from message of the day. $sun->model() Returns 'Solaris Router' $sun->serial() Returns serial number Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $sun->i_ignore() Returns reference to hash. Increments value of IID if port is to be ignored. Ignores loopback Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)