Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX equivalent to MS IIS?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX equivalent to MS IIS? Post 302254794 by gmslater99 on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 07:04:06 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Thanks - that's clear now

Thanks to you all for your responses. That's given me a clear direction. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IBM-aix equivalent to these hp-ux commands

hi , what are the ibm equivalent to the below commands. thanks top glance ioscan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX make_tape_recovery equivalent for AIX?

I've tried the "UNIX Rosetta Stone" and googling to no avail, and ideas anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop equivalent for AIX

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? for AIX IBM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcasares
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent for iostat -e in AIX HP-UX Linux

iostat -e gives the soft, hard and transport error information in Solaris. What is the equivalent command in the other flavors of Unix AIX HP Linux. Thanks Prasi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

5. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX equivalent to /proc/self/cmdline to get process name from C++ program

Hi, I'm porting some old C++ code (that I didn't write) from Linux to AIX and have run into a problem in getting the process name from within the code when it is run on AIX. Basically the code is getting the process name so it can then return it to the rest of the code as argv. This code is trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbk
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX equivalent return codes needed

Hi, I have a script which is written for solaris x86 system. trap 'echo "$(date):$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1) menu exec" >> /tmp/hist/.menu_history.$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1).$(uname -n).$(date +%y%m%d);exit' 1 2 3 15 trap 'echo "$(who am i | cut -d" " -f1) menu" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boehnke
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX and HP-UX equivalent of Linux stat command

To list file permission/access right in octal format, linux has a command 'stat'. For example, we can use the followin - stat -c %a `find . -type f Is there any equivalent command in AIX and HP-UX to give the same result as linux 'stat' command? Please advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

9. AIX

Need grep -v Equivalent for AIX

Need grep -v "Hello" equivalent for AIX (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)								XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)

NAME
XmDirectionToStringDirection -- A function that converts an XmDirection value to an XmStringDirection value SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmStringDirection XmDirectionToStringDirection (dir) XmDirection dir; (void) DESCRIPTION
XmDirectionToStringDirection converts the specified XmDirection direction value to its equivalent XmStringDirection value. Basically, if the XmDirection value has a horizontal direction specification, that horizontal element is used; otherwise, the XmStringDirection value is interpreted as XmSTRING_DIRECTION_L_TO_R. This function provides backward compatibility with the XmStringDirection data type. Note that the Motif toolkit also contains an XmStringDirectionToDirection routine to convert an XmStringDirection value to its XmDirection equivalent. dir Specifies the XmDirection value to be converted. RETURN
Returns the following XmStringDirection values: XmSTRING_DIRECTION_R_TO_L If the dir argument has a right to left horizontal direction value in it, for example XmRIGHT_TO_LEFT_TOP_TO_BOTTOM. XmSTRING_DIRECTION_L_TO_R If the dir argument has a left to right horizontal direction in it, for example XmLEFT_TO_RIGHT_TOP_TO_BOTTOM, or if the horizon- tal direction value in the dir argument is ambiguous, such as in the XmTOP_TO_BOTTOM value. XmSTRING_DIRECTION_DEFAULT If there was no horizontal direction specified. RELATED INFORMATION
XmDirection(3), XmDirectionMatch(3), XmDirectionMatchPartial(3), XmDirectionToStringDirection(3), XmString(3), XmStringDirection(3), and XmStringDirectionToDirection(3), XmDirectionToStringDirection(library call)