Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read the directory path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read the directory path Post 302254735 by ranjithpr on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 04:09:06 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Try this

IFS=","
sed -n '2,$ p' Primary.csv|while read line
do
set $line
dir=$1
if [ -d $dir ]
then
shift 1
for fname in $*
do
echo $dir/$fname
done
else
echo "Directory $dir doesn't exist"
fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

read a path

Hi I'm trying to write a script in which,if i log onto a particular server,the script should automatically find the server i'm on (which is the source server).We can find it frm the path /transfer/common/utilities/env_params.txt please help me as to how start with this,shall i use the read cmmnd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a path

Hi I'm trying to write a script in which,if i log onto a particular server,the script should automatically find the server i'm on (which is the source server).We can find it frm the path /transfer/common/utilities/env_params.txt please help me as to how start with this,shall i use the read cmmnd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get directory name from its path?

If I the path to a directory, what command can I use to return the actual name of that directory. test=`pwd`/folder1 > $test folder1 I'd rather avoid anything with regular expressions. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ordano
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the relative path

suppose i ahve a shell script Nsdnet.sh inside a directory /dialp/Release/bin another file nsdnet_file.csv is under the same directory. Now in the shell script i have call a java file, which reads the csvfile from the commandline. Now when i run the file as $ ./Nsdnet.sh ./nsdnet_file.csv then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - read use a path as input

I am trying to script simply data transfer. I would like to have the user input the source "SRC" (/Volumes/DriveName/Users/johnq123) and then name the directory that the copied information will go to, "DST" . put I can't get it to work - #!/bin/bash ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dropkick888
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
runsvchdir(8)                                                 System Manager's Manual                                                runsvchdir(8)

NAME
runsvchdir - change services directory of runsvdir(8) SYNOPSIS
runsvchdir dir DESCRIPTION
dir is a services directory for the use with runsvdir(8). If dir does not start with a slash, it is searched in /etc/runit/runsvdir/. dir must not start with a dot. runsvchdir switches to the directory /etc/runit/runsvdir/, copies current to previous, and replaces current with a symlink pointing to dir. Normally /etc/service is a symlink to current, and runsvdir(8) is running /etc/service/. EXIT CODES
runsvchdir prints an error message and exits 111 on error. runsvchdir exits 0 on success. FILES
/etc/runit/runsvdir/previous /etc/runit/runsvdir/current /etc/runit/runsvdir/current.new SEE ALSO
runsvdir(8), runit(8), runit-init(8), sv(8), runsv(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runsvchdir(8)