Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 0403-006 Execute permission denied. Post 302254519 by shockneck on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 03:22:49 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeym210
[...]
not worked,...[...]
Huh?
Code:
##Set today Date as file name.
vardate=$(date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S")
varhost=`hostname`
filename=$varhost"_"$vardate
print $filename

Code:
(0)aserver:/home/shockneck > ksh -x t.sh
+ :
+ + date +%m%d%y%H%M%S
vardate=110408212104
+ + hostname
varhost=aserver
+ filename=aserver_110408212104
+ print aserver_110408212104
aserver_110408212104
(0)aserver:/home/shockneck >

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wat is execute permission denied???

hi, i have a problem and is needed by next week. when i need to run a program at the specified time using the crontab, after that the program which will send a messege to the screen using the say command, which will show "Hello" but there is an error when i run it, in the mail it show that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

4. AIX

rm: execute permission denied in AIX

Hello All, We have an existing ssh set-up between 2 Unix servers ( Server A and Server B). Recently, we've had a problem where we cannot delete files (via app engine and even manually, after connecting thru ssh) on Server B. We manage Server A but Server B is handled by a different group, as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

5. AIX

slibclean: 0403-006 Execute permission

Friends , I am going to update the oracle version from '10.2.0.1.0' to '10.2.0.4.0' in AIX 6.1 . During upgradation it needs to run the following script as root user : sh /usr/sbin/slibclean But when this script is run then it shows the following error : # sh /usr/sbin/slibclean sh:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change: xecho: execute permission denied error

Hello, I am have an issues with one of my scripts. I get the following error when I get to the point in the script where I am making the change. The change does take however. the error is "change: xecho: execute permission denied" Everything was working properly until I start cleaning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsonjr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Error 0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi All, Need your help.. I am writing one script in which I am assigning value to one variable but when i am executing it is showing error "0403-006 Execute permission denied" below is the line of that script : INPUT_COUNT=wc $GIF_DIR/input/VID_RIMS.DAT | awk '{print $1}' and access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
2 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Swinstall and rsync - execute permission denied

Hello, I have managed to install rsync using swinstall and also as far as I can tell the dependancies we didn't have. However when trying to execute the binary I get the following error :- />rsync sh: rsync: Execute permission denied. />which rsync /usr/local/bin/rsync... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
10 Replies
bup-index(1)						      General Commands Manual						      bup-index(1)

NAME
bup-index - print and/or update the bup filesystem index SYNOPSIS
bup index <-p|-m|-s|-u> [-H] [-l] [-x] [--fake-valid] [--fake-invalid] [--check] [-f indexfile] [--exclude path] [--exclude-from filename] [-v] DESCRIPTION
bup index prints and/or updates the bup filesystem index, which is a cache of the filenames, attributes, and sha-1 hashes of each file and directory in the filesystem. The bup index is similar in function to the git(1) index, and can be found in ~/.bup/bupindex. Creating a backup in bup consists of two steps: updating the index with bup index, then actually backing up the files (or a subset of the files) with bup save. The separation exists for these reasons: 1. There is more than one way to generate a list of files that need to be backed up. For example, you might want to use inotify(7) or dno- tify(7). 2. Even if you back up files to multiple destinations (for added redundancy), the file names, attributes, and hashes will be the same each time. Thus, you can save the trouble of repeatedly re-generating the list of files for each backup set. 3. You may want to use the data tracked by bup index for other purposes (such as speeding up other programs that need the same informa- tion). MODES
-u, --update recursively update the index for the given filenames and their descendants. One or more filenames must be given. If no mode option is given, this is the default. -p, --print print the contents of the index. If filenames are given, shows the given entries and their descendants. If no filenames are given, shows the entries starting at the current working directory (.) . -m, --modified prints only files which are marked as modified (ie. changed since the most recent backup) in the index. Implies -p. -s, --status prepend a status code (A, M, D, or space) before each filename. Implies -p. The codes mean, respectively, that a file is marked in the index as added, modified, deleted, or unchanged since the last backup. OPTIONS
-H, --hash for each file printed, prepend the most recently recorded hash code. The hash code is normally generated by bup save. For objects which have not yet been backed up, the hash code will be 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Note that the hash code is printed even if the file is known to be modified or deleted in the index (ie. the file on the filesystem no longer matches the recorded hash). If this is a problem for you, use --status. -l, --long print more information about each file, in a similar format to the -l option to ls(1). -x, --xdev, --one-file-system don't cross filesystem boundaries when recursing through the filesystem. Only applicable if you're using -u. --fake-valid mark specified filenames as up-to-date even if they aren't. This can be useful for testing, or to avoid unnecessarily backing up files that you know are boring. --fake-invalid mark specified filenames as not up-to-date, forcing the next "bup save" run to re-check their contents. --check carefully check index file integrity before and after updating. Mostly useful for automated tests. -f, --indexfile=indexfile use a different index filename instead of ~/.bup/bupindex. --exclude=path a path to exclude from the backup (can be used more than once) --exclude-from=filename a file that contains exclude paths (can be used more than once) -v, --verbose increase log output during update (can be used more than once). With one -v, print each directory as it is updated; with two -v, print each file too. EXAMPLE
bup index -vux /etc /var /usr SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-drecurse(1), bup-on(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-index(1)