Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swing and Unix
Top Forums Programming Swing and Unix Post 302254486 by nwboy74 on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 02:09:22 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Thank you for your help. XManager 2.0 does not work, but XManager 3.0 does. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to come up with another solution because getting XManager 3.0 installed on everyone's pc's is not something my company is willing to do at this time. Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

swing not getting initialized when the DISPLAY is not set

I have a batch programme which will load the Spreadsheet into database.. When the DISPLAY is set and X11 window server is running, there is no issue in reading the spreadsheet and loading into database without lauching UI. But if the display is not set, then there is an issue... Any ideas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

2. Programming

Swing GUI hangs on Mac OS

Hi All, I have created a simple swing application, that has 3 textfields, and 2 buttons. When I try to run the code, following error comes and GUI hangs. 2011-01-21 22:32:39.905 java : Enabled 2011-01-21 22:32:39.908 java : Setting timeout for SWT to 0.100000 2011-01-21 22:32:40.589 java ***... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

3. Programming

Java Swing

Hi All, I am new to java swing. I want to develop a electronic schematic editor in java swing. An schematic editor is one where you can put all electronic components and join them to make a circuit. Its like drawing your circuit on paper. Here the paper would be like graph paper or grid which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies
Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::LDAP - Simple LDAP authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::LDAP; my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'ldap.company.com', basedn => 'ou=People,dc=company,dc=net' ); if ( $ldap->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::LDAP PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleLDAP_host "ldap.company.com" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleLDAP_basedn "ou=People,dc=company,dc=net" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::LDAP AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against a LDAP service. METHODS
o new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: o host Connection host, can be a hostname, IP number or a URI. Defaults to "localhost". host => ldap.company.com host => 10.0.0.1 host => ldap://ldap.company.com:389 host => ldaps://ldap.company.com o port Connection port, default to 389. May be overridden by host if host is a URI. port => 389 o timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 o version The LDAP version to use, defaults to 3. version => 3 o binddn The distinguished name to bind to the server with, defaults to bind anonymously. binddn => 'uid=proxy,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com' o bindpw The credentials to bind with. bindpw => 'secret' o basedn The distinguished name of the search base. basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com' o filter LDAP filter to use in search, defaults to "(uid=%s)". filter => '(uid=%s)' o scope The search scope, can be "base", "one" or "sub", defaults to "sub". filter => 'sub' o log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::LDAP') o authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. EXAMPLE USAGE
Apple Open Directory my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'od.company.com', basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com', filter => '(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%s))' ); Microsoft Active Directory my $ldap = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new( host => 'ad.company.com', binddn => 'proxyuser@company.com', bindpw => 'secret', basedn => 'cn=users,dc=company,dc=com', filter => '(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%s))' ); Active Directory by default does not allow anonymous binds. It's recommended that a proxy user is used that has sufficient rights to search the desired tree and attributes. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory. Authen::Simple. Net::LDAP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Authen::Simple::LDAP(3pm)