Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with SCP parellel processing Post 302254323 by zaxxon on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 06:36:56 AM
Old 11-04-2008
Strange it's waiting for "Enter". You can ssh/scp without entering a passphrase right? You also created the keys without entering a passphrase, right?
Maybe try it out with "-B" or one of the ssh options "-o ....".

If nothing of that works, maybe setup up a central rsync server as alternative which can handle parallel transfers. You can define in the rsyncd.conf how many parallel connections are allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I am using scp to get files from a Windows systemr to a Unix system. The ssh server is on Windows. The problem is that the file permissions for files that come from Windows are 700. Can any one help out with how I can set permissions to anything else? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

Hi, I have problem using scp in an AIX machine, where I need to use full path to scp from /dirA but i dont have to from /dirB of the same machine. Below are some details & scp -v output (truncated). I've checked the permission & settings of both dir/FS are the same. Please help. scenario scp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliehussin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with SCP

Hi, I want to copy a file from one system to other i done a SCP but it showing error as below .. Can we do it by SCP ? Is it possible ?.. What is the below mean ?. sys1@sys2's password: scp: .: not a regular file Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp problem

I have some problems using scp between a server Sun Solaris and a SecurePlatform Checkpoint. If I try to copy a simple file txt from the server Sun Solaris to the SecurePlatform, I have problems!!!!!!... server:/export/home/appmgt# scp 1.txt admin2@fwtest:~ lost connection ... if I try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
5 Replies

5. SCO

adding a add on parellel port on S3000 chipset

Our new server is a HCL INFINITY GLOBAL LINE 1700AH ,intel xeon S3000 chipset.It has no onboard parellel port.The vendor is suggesting printing solution through serial port ,but ours is mostly printing work. I would like to know weather an addon parellel port can be added without conflict. OS is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramviky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running two processes in parellel

I have a script something like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh CLASSPATH=/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2jcc.jar:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/function:$CLASSPATH export CLASSPATH ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with ssh and scp

Hi there, I'm working with two linux servers and if I use ssh to connect from 1 to 2 everything works fine ( ..as usual:rolleyes:), while if I try to connect via ssh or to copy files through scp (as I usually do...) from 2 to 1, after the password I get this message: Connection closed by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with SCP command

hi, I am successfully running following command from command prompt $ scp oracle@172.16.0.11:/back/crmemo.csv /sales/ but when i am running the same command from a script it copying '?' in sales (destination) folder. Following is the script #!/bin/sh scp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: RIAZ
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parellel execution of a sub script in mutilple hosts

Hi, I have a main script which will login to different machines one by one and execute the another script as input which will execute some commands after login to the machine. i used while loop and it executes it like ssh to a machine and running the sub script, then moving to the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Scp, problem, .bashrc

I have a problem with SCP, trying to use this solution in .bashrc: scp printed an error message: "Write failed flushing stdout buffer. write stdout: Broken pipe." or "packet too long". Your shell startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc, ~/.bashrc), which is run when scp connects, might be writing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies
GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)

NAME
gnome-ssh-askpass - prompts a user for a passphrase using GNOME SYNOPSIS
gnome-ssh-askpass DESCRIPTION
gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens automatically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, gnome-ssh-askpass should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer using gdk_pointer_grab() before asking for a passphrase. Regardless of whether either of these environment variables is set, gnome-ssh-askpass will grab the keyboard using gdk_keyboard_grab(). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). It was based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands. GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)