Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keyboard Mapping HP-UX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Keyboard Mapping HP-UX Post 302253901 by vbe on Monday 3rd of November 2008 04:17:12 AM
Old 11-03-2008
Quote:
What I need is how to assign the character "@" to @ as it is supposed to be.
In HP-UX @ is a reserved character and acts as it is supposed to be..., in HP-UX that is...
The reason?
When you connect at the login prompt, till you are connected there is no stty nor terminal set and so if you entered a wrong character, even if using backspace it erased at the display it is not the case in the input buffer and so @ which at the display seems to go to the next line only erases the buffer content...
You could at the prompt type dummy@vbe the HPUX understand login name vbe...

Workaround:
Have you tried:
Code:
 % ssh olli\@...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help With Mapping machine

Hi All, I need an urgent assistance please . My case below: I have a list of 500 IP addresses. All These ip addresses are mapped/connected to different machine kinds : NT, Linux, Switch, Router ,FW, and so on. My Requirement is to filter from all this ip address only the Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping drive

please forgive me. i know this is unix forum. CIFS can map to shared windows folder. i just wonder if windows can map to unix shared folder. if yes, please enlight me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Many to many -- mapping

INPUT 13333--TEXT1 14444--TEXT2 13333--TEXT3 12233--TEXT5 14444--TEXT5 12233--TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 13333--TEXT09 what I'm looking for is something using awk arrays with below given output. 14444--TEXT2,TEXT5 13333--TEXT1,TEXT3,TEXT09 12233--TEXT5,TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
MSET(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MSET(1)

NAME
mset - retrieve ASCII to IBM 3270 keyboard map SYNOPSIS
mset DESCRIPTION
Mset retrieves mapping information for the ASCII keyboard to IBM 3270 terminal special functions. Normally, these mappings are found in /usr/share/misc/map3270 (see map3270(5)). This information is used by the tn3270 command (see tn3270(1)). Mset can be used store the mapping information in the process environment in order to avoid scanning /usr/share/misc/map3270 each time tn3270 is invoked. To do this, place the following command in your .login file: set noglob; setenv MAP3270 "`mset`"; unset noglob Mset first determines the user's terminal type from the environment variable TERM. Normally mset then uses the file /usr/share/misc/map3270 to find the keyboard mapping for that terminal. However, if the environment variable MAP3270 exists and contains the entry for the specified terminal, then that definition is used. If the value of MAP3270 begins with a slash (`/') then it is assumed to be the full pathname of an alternate mapping file and that file is searched first. In any case, if the mapping for the terminal is not found in the environment, nor in an alternate map file, nor in the standard map file, then the same search is performed for an entry for a terminal type of unknown. If that search also fails, then a default mapping is used. FILES
/usr/share/misc/map3270 keyboard mapping for known terminals SEE ALSO
tn3270(1), map3270(5) BUGS
If the entry for the specific terminal exceeds 1024 bytes, csh(1) will fail to set the environment variable. Mset should probably detect this case and output the path to the map3270 file instead of the terminal entry. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 MSET(1)