Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days Post 302253385 by joeyg on Friday 31st of October 2008 12:28:24 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver Just thinking this through

Code:
> last | grep xxx | head -1
xxx   sshd         10-1-111-111-bos Thu Oct 30 11:12 - 11:12  (00:00)
>

That told me my last login was yesterday at 11:12 am
So, if that gets you started, then review date calculations.
See the following:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...html#post16559

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check the last login user were doing in the system

Hi, I'm new to solaris/ Unix and would like to know how to check in the system what was the last login user were doing. Is there any way to check this? Thanks in advanced. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the number of days left in a month

does any one have any ideas how i would go about calculating the number of days left in the month from a bash script ?. I want to do some operations on a csv file according to the result (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate 30/31 days from today date script

Hi Guys, I was working some time ago n was in need to calculate date 30/31 days from today including Feb (Leap yr stuff). Today date is variable depending on day of execution of script. I tried searching but was not able to get exactly what I needed....So at that I time I implemented by my own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolgoose85
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate N days from a file output

OK, here is the output from a cron I have here: FULL OUTPUT: acoxxx Lastlogin= 2010/07/15 13:10 db2t Lastlogin= 2010/07/16 13:09 db2tadm Lastlogin= 2010/07/20 13:09 eisuser Lastlogin= 2010/07/20 11:53 israel Lastlogin= 2010/07/10 11:42 nmon Lastlogin= 2010/07/05 12:55 norbac Lastlogin=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate days between yyyyMmmdd dates on Solaris

I extract dates from the log file and need to calculate days between two dates. My dates are in yyyyMmmdd format. Example: $d1=2011 Oct 21 $d2=2012 Feb 20 I need to calculate the number of days between $d2 and $d1. This is on Solaris. Any ideas? Thanks, djanu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - PHP

Is this code good for this purpose? <?php $date1 = mktime(0,0,0,01,01,1991); $date2 = mktime(0,0,0,03,22,2012); $diff = $date2 - $date1; $days = $diff / (60*60*24); echo ($days . "<br />"); ?> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

10. AIX

Last user login more than certain days

Hi guys , I would like to check if there is any command I can list the inactive user with not log in more than 50 days? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leecopper
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)