Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris amanda's amcheck fail in solaris 10 Post 302253375 by conandor on Friday 31st of October 2008 12:10:31 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Are you using "auth bsdtcp" in your dumptype definition ? I don't see that
And also check your /etc/xinetd.d/amanda file for correct entries
i running amanda on solaris 10.
i using inet instead of xinet. on solaris i don't think there will be xinetd.d conf file.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 install cd boot fail

Hi I hv try to install Solaris 9 on a SPARC machine. The machine now is with Solaris 10 OS. I try to load a Solaris 9 installation cd in and use "boot cdrom" on ok promt, but it give me "no boot device found" when it boot up. and when i use fsck, the system show me an error with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niuniu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 1/06 CD1 boot fail

Hello all. I download last version from sun.com, unzip iso's and burn their to cd's. When i try to load (on different machines) from first cd i receive this errors: /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' ... several screens same message ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozheyko_d
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

need advices on install/configure amanda on solaris 10

i would like to have advices on how to install/configure amanda on solaris 10. thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

4. Solaris

need advice on install/configure amanda on solaris 10

i facing this problen when following the 15 min tutorial on amaddclient. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: conandor
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Amanda Configuration for Asymmetric encryption

Hi All I configured Amanda in our LAN and it is working perfectly When i changed configuration for Encryption it is not working ....and giving an error like this /etc/amanda/template.d/dumptypes", line 394: dumptype parameter expected "/etc/amanda/template.d/dumptypes", line 401: dumptype... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pran
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Cluster automatic fail-back option on Solaris

Hi - Please help me to understand the Veritas Cluster fail-over capability. We configured oracle database file system on veritas cluster file system and it is automatically failing-over from node 1 to node 2. Does Veritas cluster softward have any option to fail-back from node 2 to node 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
6 Replies
AMRAW(8)						  System Administration Commands						  AMRAW(8)

NAME
amraw - Amanda Application open and read data DESCRIPTION
Amraw is an Amanda Application API script. It should not be run by users directly. It uses dd to backup and restore data. Amraw can backup only one directory entry, it can be a single file, a raw device, anything that amanda can open and read. The diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be the filename amraw open and read. Restore is done in place, an open is done and the data is written to it. A file owned by root and permission 0600 is create if the directory entry doesn't exist before the restore. Only full backup is allowed PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amgtar's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on application properties and how they are configured. DIRECTORY Used only for restore command, can be a device name or file, the data will be restored to it. EXAMPLE
define application-tool app_amraw { plugin "amraw" } A dumptype using this application might look like: define dumptype amraw { global program "APPLICATION" application "app_amraw" } Note that the program parameter must be set to "APPLICATION" to use the application parameter. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMRAW(8)