Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display the contents of an array Post 302253212 by RossMc on Friday 31st of October 2008 07:32:27 AM
Old 10-31-2008
Display the contents of an array

Hi i have just registered

So i am at university studying forensic computing and we have to learn c++

i have never done anything with c++ before and i am abit stuck

i need to create a programme to display the contents of an array of characters forwards and in reverse

Can anyone help me with were to start?

So far all i have got is #include <iostream> lol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used

Hi, I am a new learner of Unix. I am currently working on a Solaris 8 machine. Earlier, when I use 'cd <folder name>' command, I am not only able to change the folder but also able to see the contents of the folder as if a 'ls -lt' command was executed. However, since a week, suddenly this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match all array contents and display all highest matched sentences in perl?

Hi, I have an array with 3 words in it and i have to match all the array contents and display the exact matched sentence i.e all 3 words should match with the sentence. Here are sentences. $arr1="Our data suggests that epithelial shape and growth control are unequally affected depending... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

3. Web Development

Display the contents of a table.

Dear Friends, Am an newbie to this domain. I have a table which is filled with contents which i need to be updated with,so am trying to design a flow which would read the data from the table and mail it to me at regular intervals. I could make out the flow using mailx command but want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write array contents to file

Hi, I have a bash script that currently holds some data. I am trying to write all the contents to a file called temp.txt. I am using echo ${array} > temp.txt The problem that I am experiencing is that the elements are being written horizontally in the file. I want them written... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display array contents on a new line

ksh eg arrayname=(1 2 3 4 5) I'm trying to display the individual contents of an array on a new line without using a loop, using one line of code. output 1 2 3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML: Display contents of file using Variable

<tr><td bgcolor=#D7EBAD><b>Instructions :</b></td> <td>`cat temp.txt`</td></tr> Hi Experts, I have an requirement of displaying file contents in HTML mail , for which am using the above approach, Where as the output is kind of not as expected. If there are 5 lines in the file, in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

10. Web Development

How to create a link that will display the contents of a PHP variable?

Greetings, I've wrote a script that when you point your browser to a machine it displays info about itself. Below is a small snippet of the script: <?php $iloipaddr = `ipmitool lan print | grep 'IP Address ' | cut -d\: -f2 | sed 's/ //'`; $sftwrlist = `rpm -qa | sort`; ?> <p><a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies
MPI_Type_hvector(3OpenMPI)												MPI_Type_hvector(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Type_hvector - Creates a vector (strided) datatype with offset in bytes -- use of this routine is deprecated. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Type_hvector(int count, int blocklength, MPI_Aint stride, MPI_Datatype oldtype, MPI_Datatype *newtype) Fortran Syntax INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_TYPE_HVECTOR(COUNT, BLOCKLENGTH, STRIDE, OLDTYPE, NEWTYPE, IERROR) INTEGER COUNT, BLOCKLENGTH, STRIDE, OLDTYPE INTEGER NEWTYPE, IERROR INPUT PARAMETERS
count Number of blocks (nonnegative integer). blocklength Number of elements in each block (nonnegative integer). stride Number of bytes between start of each block (integer). oldtype Old datatype (handle). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
newtype New datatype (handle). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
Note that use of this routine is deprecated as of MPI-2. Use MPI_Type_create_hvector instead. This deprecated routine is not available in C++. The function MPI_Type_hvector is identical to MPI_Type_vector, except that stride is given in bytes, rather than in elements. The use for both types of vector constructors is illustrated in the examples in Section 3.12.7 of the MPI-1 Standard. Assume that oldtype has type map {(type(0), disp(0)), ..., (type(n-1), disp(n-1))} with extent ex. Let bl be the blocklength. The newly created datatype has a type map with count * bl * n entries: {(type(0), disp(0)), ..., (type(n-1), disp(n-1)), (type(0), disp(0) + ex), ..., (type(n-1), disp(n-1) + ex), ..., (type(0), disp(0) + (bl -1) * ex),...,(type(n-1), disp(n-1) + (bl -1) * ex), (type(0), disp(0) + stride), ...,(type(n-1), disp(n-1) + stride), ..., (type(0), disp(0) + stride + (bl - 1) * ex), ..., (type(n-1), disp(n-1) + stride + (bl -1) * ex), ..., (type(0), disp(0) + stride * (count -1)), ...,(type(n-1), disp(n-1) + stride * (count -1)), ..., (type(0), disp(0) + stride * (count -1) + (bl -1) * ex), ..., (type(n-1), disp(n-1) + stride * (count -1) + (bl -1) * ex)} ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Type_create_hvector MPI_Type_vector Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Type_hvector(3OpenMPI)