Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display the contents of an array Post 302253212 by RossMc on Friday 31st of October 2008 07:32:27 AM
Old 10-31-2008
Display the contents of an array

Hi i have just registered

So i am at university studying forensic computing and we have to learn c++

i have never done anything with c++ before and i am abit stuck

i need to create a programme to display the contents of an array of characters forwards and in reverse

Can anyone help me with were to start?

So far all i have got is #include <iostream> lol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used

Hi, I am a new learner of Unix. I am currently working on a Solaris 8 machine. Earlier, when I use 'cd <folder name>' command, I am not only able to change the folder but also able to see the contents of the folder as if a 'ls -lt' command was executed. However, since a week, suddenly this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match all array contents and display all highest matched sentences in perl?

Hi, I have an array with 3 words in it and i have to match all the array contents and display the exact matched sentence i.e all 3 words should match with the sentence. Here are sentences. $arr1="Our data suggests that epithelial shape and growth control are unequally affected depending... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

3. Web Development

Display the contents of a table.

Dear Friends, Am an newbie to this domain. I have a table which is filled with contents which i need to be updated with,so am trying to design a flow which would read the data from the table and mail it to me at regular intervals. I could make out the flow using mailx command but want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write array contents to file

Hi, I have a bash script that currently holds some data. I am trying to write all the contents to a file called temp.txt. I am using echo ${array} > temp.txt The problem that I am experiencing is that the elements are being written horizontally in the file. I want them written... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display array contents on a new line

ksh eg arrayname=(1 2 3 4 5) I'm trying to display the individual contents of an array on a new line without using a loop, using one line of code. output 1 2 3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML: Display contents of file using Variable

<tr><td bgcolor=#D7EBAD><b>Instructions :</b></td> <td>`cat temp.txt`</td></tr> Hi Experts, I have an requirement of displaying file contents in HTML mail , for which am using the above approach, Where as the output is kind of not as expected. If there are 5 lines in the file, in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

10. Web Development

How to create a link that will display the contents of a PHP variable?

Greetings, I've wrote a script that when you point your browser to a machine it displays info about itself. Below is a small snippet of the script: <?php $iloipaddr = `ipmitool lan print | grep 'IP Address ' | cut -d\: -f2 | sed 's/ //'`; $sftwrlist = `rpm -qa | sort`; ?> <p><a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies
TV_SORT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       TV_SORT(1p)

NAME
tv_sort - Sort XMLTV listings files by date, and add stop times. SYNOPSIS
tv_sort [--help] [--by-channel] [--output FILE] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
Read XMLTV data and write out the same data sorted in date order. Where stop times of programmes are missing, guess them from the start time of the next programme on the same channel. For the last programme of a channel, no stop time can be added. Tv_sort also performs some sanity checks such as making sure no two programmes on the same channel overlap. --output FILE write to FILE rather than standard output --by-channel sort first by channel id, then by date within each channel. --duplicate-error If the input contains the same programme more than once, consider this as an error. Default is to silently ignore duplicate entries. The time sorting is by start time, then by stop time. Without --by-channel, if start times and stop times are equal then two programmes are sorted by internal channel id. With --by-channel, channel id is compared first and then times. You can think of tv_sort as converting XMLTV data into a canonical form, useful for diffing two files. EXAMPLES
At a typical Unix shell or Windows command prompt: tv_sort <in.xml >out.xml tv_sort in.xml --output out.xml These are different ways of saying the same thing. AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com perl v5.14.2 2006-03-02 TV_SORT(1p)