Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine Post 302253193 by NicoMan on Friday 31st of October 2008 06:51:27 AM
Old 10-31-2008
I plan to create a system recovery tape this Saturday using this command:
make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00

How do I use this tape in case of crash of the operating system? do you know?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade HP9000 HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00

To all expert members, i need your help. We have an existing HP9000 K-Class 32-bit with HP-UX 10.20 OS installed and we would like to upgrade it to HP-UX 11.00. I am not really confident in doing upgrades in our system because i don't have any experience or trainings on this. If somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
3 Replies

2. Solaris

restore mirrored root

Hi, I have an ultra60 SUN Server with Solaris 10 4/04 S.O. installed on. I mirrored root disk and now I try to restore this. I simulate that I have lose the root FS, not for a hardware faillure but for a software problem and I can't use "meta"commands for using a good submirror. I must restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

migrate zpool root mirrored to other server by network

I have two servers, the first server is a sun x4170 and i need transfer zpool root (with all system) that this moment is mirror to new server x4200 , i don't now how can i clone , copy o migrate rpool (root) in new server by network. The two servers are different sites. Do i need jumpstart or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
0 Replies

5. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP9000 Container - NFS Issue

I am running HP9000 Containers version A.03.01. I have the container up and running. I now need to mount an exported file system from another HPUX server with both read and write permissions. I can get the mount okay but from the container I cannot read or write properly to the mounted file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaleRider
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies

9. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
AMLABEL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							AMLABEL(8)

NAME
amlabel - label an Amanda tape SYNOPSIS
amlabel [-f] config label [ slot slot ] DESCRIPTION
All Amanda tapes must be pre-labeled before they are used. Amanda verifies the label in amdump and amflush before writing to make sure the proper tape is loaded. Amlabel writes an Amanda label on the tape in the device specified by the amanda.conf file in /etc/amanda/config. Label may be any string that does not contain whitespace and that matches the amanda.conf labelstr regular expression option. It is up to the system administrator to define a naming convention. Amlabel appends the new tape to the tapelist file so it will be used by Amanda before it reuses any other tapes. When you amlabel multiple tapes, they will be used in the order you amlabel them. Amlabel will not write the label if the tape contains an active Amanda tape or if the label specified is on an active tape. The -f (force) flag bypasses these verifications. An optional slot may be specified after the tape label. If a tape changer is in use, amlabel will label the tape in the specified slot instead of the currently loaded tape. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Write an Amanda label with the string "DMP000" on the tape loaded in the device named in the tapedev option in /etc/amanda/Daily- Set1/amanda.conf: % amlabel DailySet1 DMP000 Label the tape in slot 3 of the currently configured tape changer with the string "DMP003": % amlabel DailySet1 DMP003 slot 3 MESSAGES
label label doesn't match labelstr "str" Label label on the command line does not match the labelstr regular expression str from amanda.conf. label label already on a tape Label label is already listed as an active Amanda tape. no tpchanger specified in "path", so slot command invalid The command line has the slot parameter but the amanda.conf file in path does not have a tape changer configured. reading label label, tape is in another amanda configuration This tape appears to be a valid Amanda tape, but label does not match labelstr for this configuration so it is probably part of a different Amanda configuration. reading label label, tape is active Tape label appears to already be part of this Amanda configuration and active, i.e. has valid data on it. no label found, are you sure tape is non-rewinding? While checking that the label was written correctly, amlabel got an error that might be caused by mis-configuring Amanda with a rewinding tape device name instead of a non-rewinding device name for tape. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) amdump(8) amflush(8) AMLABEL(8)