Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: smf repository not running
Operating Systems Solaris smf repository not running Post 302253133 by jegaraman on Friday 31st of October 2008 04:22:37 AM
Old 10-31-2008
smf repository not running

Hi All,

I have a Solaris server which runs version 10

After installing the patch , i thought of doing a recongiuration reboot

But it failed saying "smf repository not running"

what could be the issue.

Thanks
J

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standalone FTPD within SMF

Hello We are trying to run the WU_FTPD demon in standalone mode (-S argument) via an SMF service. Prior to SMF, this was achieved by simply commenting out the FTP line within the inetd.conf file. However, within SMF, I believe we need to carry out the following activities: i) Remove the FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowsUdders
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Smf managed service not starting

Hi Experts, While playing with smf in my local system ( which is not in production ) i am unable to restart the service svc:/network/nfs/server:default . I tried starting it in different way, however unable to restart the same. I was checking the dependency for that I disabled the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

3. Solaris

SMF/Manifest in Zones

Hi.. I have an application installed in Zones and I would like to have the application started on every system reboot and stop at every shutdown. I created start/stop/restart script in /etc/init.d and placed S and K links in rc?d directories. This works fine. but I want to use SMF for this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SMF service HELP

I would like to run command whenever system boot up, i.e "/opt/admin/script/closegen -c /opt/share/script/colsehg" How do I integrate above command in to SMF services. -sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Chkconfig & SMF

Hi I have been told to migrate linux init scripts to solaris 10. i am reading about the chkconfig & SMF ( I came to know that SMF is used in Sol 10 for service management ). The only thing i could not find out ( Because i dont have root access ) is how the links are created in rcX.d directory? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
6 Replies

6. Solaris

SMF in Solaris 10

In SOlaris 9 for eg, inside the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file, you can set the tcp tracing by going to the last line and adding the following as :- inetd -s -t & In Solaris 10, I know we can use the svccfg to do it or with the inetadm command. When I use inetadm -m command to set the tcp tracing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Can solaris 10 SMF use remote dependencies

I have a customer who wants us to set up their applications to start using the solaris 10 SMF. One of their applications requires that 3 database instances are up and running, but those instances are on 3 separate servers. I can't think of any way that this can be done from what I have read on my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SMF: How to start inetd and all its dependents?

Hi, Here is the questions: inetd on this Solaris 10 zone fails to start at boot time. Inetd has 4 dependents not started. These 4 dependents have their own dependents not started. How it happened? How can I use one or a few command to start inetd and all its dependents and dependents' dependents?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies
statd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 statd(1M)

NAME
statd - network status monitor SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/statd DESCRIPTION
statd is an intermediate version of the status monitor. It interacts with lockd(1M) to provide the crash and recovery functions for the locking services on NFS. statd keeps track of the clients with processes which hold locks on a server. When the server reboots after a crash, statd sends a message to the statd on each client indicating that the server has rebooted. The client statd processes then inform the lockd on the client that the server has rebooted. The client lockd then attempts to reclaim the lock(s) from the server. statd on the client host also informs the statd on the server(s) holding locks for the client when the client has rebooted. In this case, the statd on the server informs its lockd that all locks held by the rebooting client should be released, allowing other processes to lock those files. lockd is started by automountd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), and share(1M) if NFS automounts are needed. FILES
/var/statmon/sm lists hosts and network addresses to be contacted after a reboot /var/statmon/sm.bak lists hosts and network addresses that could not be contacted after last reboot /var/statmon/state includes a number which changes during a reboot /usr/include/rpcsvc/sm_inter.x contains the rpcgen source code for the interface services provided by the statd daemon. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), automountd(1M), lockd(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The crash of a server is only detected upon its recovery. The statd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/status Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If it is disabled, it will be enabled by mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), and automountd(1M) unless its application/auto_enable prop- erty is set to false. SunOS 5.11 18 Nov 2004 statd(1M)