Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG Post 302253052 by nivaspIND on Thursday 30th of October 2008 10:46:05 PM
Old 10-30-2008
VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG

When I list the PV's using lspv i see both vpath and hdisk names being listed. I got the info that each vpath is configured for 4 hdisks. Problem is I am not able to add either the hard disks in vpath to the existing non-rootvg. ? need to know the basics of vpath ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX hdisk error

Does anyone have an idea what this means? hdisk10 is part of vg1. (vg1 has 11 hdisks) I get this msg every morning @ 5:04 CST This is the orignal message: A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Fri Aug 17 03:02:09 PDT 2001 801014 The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

3. AIX

load_balance or round_robin on hdisk

Hi, in an environment with svc's and ds8xxx wat disk algorithm should be used and what is the difference here: I can set the algorithm to Load_balance and to Round_robin (see output below). some info: hdisk3 ******** MPIO FC 2145 devices.sddpcm.53.rte 2.2.0.0 COMMITTED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raba
1 Replies

4. AIX

add SSA pdisk to array to become hdisk

May I know how can I add a new SSA pdisk into array and become usable hdisk? I have inserted a 36GB SSA disk into enclosure and done the "cfgmgr" and I can see it already been regconized as pdisk47. I would like to make it a system disk in order for me to add to my volume group. Please let me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
3 Replies

5. AIX

Dummy hdisk in AIX 6.1

How do you create a dummy hdisk with AIX 6.1? In previous versions, I've used this and works, but now I get this error. hostname:/:# mkdev -l hdisk57 -c disk -t osdisk -s scsi -p fscsi0 -w 0,10 -d Method error (/etc/methods/define): 0514-022 The specified connection is not valid. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

6. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

7. AIX

Find hdisk# based on LV name

I know the lv name (i.e. dprod_0000017). #lslv dprod_0000017 LOGICAL VOLUME: dprod_0000017 VOLUME GROUP: prod01vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00cb337d00004c0000000111d8566a5a.69 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: opened/syncd TYPE: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

8. AIX

Quorum and hdisk issue

Hi. I found an issue with my appvg present in my server.my server is a single node and not part of hacmp. pmut3# lspv hdisk0 00c5c9cf92ebb96a rootvg active hdisk1 00c5c9cfcf30eee9 appvg hdisk2 00c5c9cfcf30ef98 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching hdisk sequence

Hi, Planning to implement script to fetch whether the hdisks are in proper sequence. Need output for incorrect sequence Correct #lspv hdisk0 hdisk1 hdisk2 :::::::::::: hdisk5 Incorrect sequence #lspv hdisk0 hdisk6 hdisk7 hdisk10 Any idea pls share (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

10. AIX

How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#?

Some storage/disks have been added to an existing AIX 6.1 server. The admin sent me the list of hdisk#'s for the new disks, but I need the corresponding rhdisk# for the same hdisk. (I know from past experience that the rhdisk that maps to an hdisk is not always the same number. For instance,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrower
5 Replies
advfsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 advfsd(8)

NAME
advfsd - Starts the AdvFS graphical user interface (GUI) daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/advfsd DESCRIPTION
The AdvFS daemon, advfsd, is a process required by the AdvFS GUI (dtadvfs). The advfsd daemon issues commands and obtains system information on behalf of the AdvFS GUI. The /usr/var/advfs/daemon/socket/hosts.allow file contains a list of all hosts on which the advfsd daemon will allow the AdvFS GUI to run. This file can be edited to add or remove hosts. Each host name must be on a separate line. For example: host1 host3 host27 The /usr/var/advfs/daemon/socket/gui.passwd file, if it exists, is used by advfsd to force a dtadvfs user to enter a unique password when attempting to connect to the host. The first line of this file is the unique password required by the GUI. For example: guipassword For security reasons, do not use the password of the root user or any other user; make up a unique name and do not encrypt it. The advfsd daemon allows Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) clients such as NetView or Performance Manager (PM) to request AdvFS file system information. SNMP clients cannot issue system configuration commands to the advfsd daemon. The advfsd daemon is automatically started at boot time. Under normal conditions, this daemon does not need to be run manually. If you do not want to have the daemon started at boot time, move the /sbin/rc3.d/s53advfsd file from its default location to another directory and run it from that directory. Whenever you want to run the daemon at boot time, move the s53advfsd file back to the /sbin/rc3.d directory. The daemon (called an agent in the dtadvfs GUI interface) employs a file, /usr/var/advfs/daemon/disks.ignore, in which you can place the names of disks that the daemon will ignore when it gathers information about disks on the system. If you use the disks.ignore file, you can improve the performance of the dtadvfs GUI. Each line in the disks.ignore file contains the name of a disk (with no directory partition letter) to be ignored by the daemon. For example, to cause the disks /dev/disk/dsk3d and /dev/disk/dsk2g to be ignored, enter the following names on separate lines in the file: dsk2 dsk3 You cannot ignore an LSM volume by including the LSM volume name in the disks.ignore file; you must list the disks from which the LSM vol- ume is built. To ignore a complete disk group, you must list all the disks in it. Because all partitions on the listed disks will be ignored, unexpected results may occur if a disk has partitions belonging to more than one disk group. The disks.ignore file is processed each time the disks are checked. This means that if a disk fails or becomes unavailable, you can add the disk name to the disks.ignore file and the daemon will ignore it. Once the disk is available, remove the entry from the file. There is no need to stop the daemon. For more information, see the GUI interface reference page , dtadvfs(8). RESTRICTIONS
Only one advfsd daemon can be running on a system at a given time. If a second advfsd daemon attempts to start, it will fail. You must be the root user to use this utility and you must register the Advanced File System Utilities license. FILES
The script that starts the advfsd daemon at boot time. The advfsd message catalog. The SNMP data files. The sh scripts used by the dae- mon to execute commands. The advfsd daemon executable. The advfsd daemon message log file. Remove or copy this log to another location periodically to prevent the log from becoming too large. The security file that lists all hosts with permission to connect to the advfsd daemon with the AdvFS GUI (dtadvfs). The advfsd password file. The file that lists all disks for the advfsd daemon to ignore when col- lecting statistics about resources. SEE ALSO
advfs(4), dtadvfs(8) advfsd(8)