Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat 2.1 AS Memory Limit?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Redhat 2.1 AS Memory Limit? Post 302252717 by Cbish68 on Thursday 30th of October 2008 07:25:52 AM
Old 10-30-2008
Here's the official answer that I received from Redhat Support:

Quote:
RHEL2.1 with normal/smp kernel support up to 4G of memory, if you would like to increase the memory beyond 4G you should use enterprise kernel (ie, kernel-enterprise). With enterprise kernel you will be able to utilize memory upto 16G.

To install enterprise kernel, please execute the following,

# up2date kernel-enterprise

Reboot the machine with new (enterprise) kernel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory loading with RedHat 7.2

I am using Redhat 7.2. I have 1gb of ram. When I use applications, it seems like the memory used keeps adding up even after I stop the applications. When I reboot, I use around 256mb of ram, then after I use some apps, it piles up to about 750mb of ram used. I look at all active processes with ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

pny adp648tm-50 memory not working with redhat linux

I had two high speed 1gb mem installed on my primary mem slots. When i tried to add two PNY adp648tm-50 mem, 1gb each on the two empty mem slots, it didn't work. However both the old and the pny mem by themselves work and the system boot up, but fails if I put all the memories in there. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Memory Limit ?

Is there an input file memory limit for awk? I have a 38Mb text file that I am trying to print out certatin lines and add a string to the end of that line. When I excute the script on the 38Mb file the string I am adding is put on a new line. If I do the same with a smaller file the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory limit on php in .sh script

Hi, I have .sh script running php script with "php". When I run php script from web browser, it is running without errors. When I run it from .sh script, I am getting "memory exhausted". It seems to me that running php from .sh does not respect php.ini or have its own setting. So, how can I set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
0 Replies

6. AIX

Memory limit for C program

Greetings - I'm porting a C application to an AIX (6.1) system, and have bumped into the limits AIX imposes on memory allocation, namely the default limit of 256MB for a process. I'm aware of the compilation flag that allows an application to gain access to up to 8 memory segments (each 256MB,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: traviswheeler
4 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat

We have a system with 4 Xeon Processors each with 10 cores, total 512 GB RAM and 10 TB Hard Drive. we want to create multiple user accounts with different resource limitations as : User 1: RAM : 50GB, PROCESSOR: 10 Cores , User folder in home directory of 10GB space. User 2: RAM :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

PAE kernel memory limit

What is the limit of LowMem and HighMem in PAE enable kernel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cpu, memory - limit by user

Hi all ! I'm new in this site, so sorry if this question is into wrong place. How can I limit cpu/core and memory usage by user? System: RedHat Ent. Linux. 6.4 Tks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tiago
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Is there limit on number of ACLs' per directory in Redhat

I work on a distribution application on Linux which generates bulk reference data extract feeds and stores them on a Linux server. I have several consumer applications access the files stored on this Linux server using FTPS protocol. However in order for consumer applications to have access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
2 Replies
asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS)			   User Commands			asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-update-connector-security-map, update-connector-security-map - updates the security map for the named connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
update-connector-security-map --user admin_user [--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --poolname connector_connection_pool_name [--addprincipals principal-name[, principal-name]*]| [--addusergroups user-group[, user-group]*] [--removeprincipals principal-name[, principal-name]* ] [--removeusergroups user-group[, user-group]*] [--mappedusername user_name] [[--mappedpassword password]] mapname Modifies a security map for the named connector connection pool. You must have first created a connector connection pool using the create- connector-connection-pool command. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --poolname connector connection pool name for which the security map that is to be updated or created belongs to. --addprincipals a comma separated list of backend EIS principals to be added. --addusergroups a comma separated list of the enterprise information system usergroups to be added. --removeprincipals a comma separated list of the enterprise information system principals to be removed. --removeusergroups a comma separated list of the enterprise information system usergroups to be removed. --mappedusername the enterprise information system username. --mappedpassword the enterprise information system password. OPERANDS
mapname name of the security map to be updated. Example 1: Using update-connector-security-map It is assumed that the connector pool has already been created using the create-connector-pool command. asadmin> update-connector-security-map --user admin --password adminadmin --poolname connector-pool1 --addprincipals principal1, principal2, --addusergroups usergroup1, usergroup2 --removeprincipals principal3, principal4 --removeusergroups usergroup3, usergroup4 securityMap1 Command update-connector-security-map executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1), asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS)