Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script for traversing directory Post 302252693 by Franklin52 on Thursday 30th of October 2008 06:18:10 AM
Old 10-30-2008
Use the find command. A link to examples for the find command:

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...d-command.html

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traversing a file system

I'm pretty new at this UNIX stuff, and this may be a simple question but I'm kind of stuck :confused: Let's say I have a large directory structure of .essay files, where I saved all of the essays that I did over the last few years. Not all of the .essay files are in the same directory (all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hooj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traversing thru dirs and deleting files based on date

Hi Folks I am pretty new to unix and shellscripting. I need help on writing logic on traversing recursively through a set of directories under a top-level folder and delete files(mostly text) which are 1 month old. Can you people help me on this? Thanks a lot Ravi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi2082
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traversing Pascal/Delphi code using GVim

Hi, I am using GVim as editor... and i am viewing code of pascal/ delphi.. my problem is its difficult to use GVim as source code browser.... normally ctags helps to traverse in vim for c/c++.. is there anything like that for pascal/ delphi to minimise this complication of each... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
0 Replies

4. Programming

Vector Traversing

Hi i have the following structure struct S { char Mod_num; char val; char chr_nm_cd; } I am reading a 2GB file and inserting into the structure and writing into a vector. I feel like only vector will be a right option. I tried with multimap but it is memory intensive and hence i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory name while traversing subdirectories

Hi, I have a parent directory in which I have sub directories of different depth /usr/usr1/user2/671 /usr/usr1/672 /usr/user2/user1/673 /usr/user2/user3/user4/674 And I need the names of all the directories that which starts only with 6 in a file. Thanks, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
12 Replies

6. Programming

Traversing in Array of pointers

Please find the below program. the requirement and description of the program also given: ganesh@ubuntu:~/my_programs/c/letusc/chap9$ cat fa.c.old /* Program : write a program to count the number of 'e' in thefollowing array of pointers to strings: char *s = { "We will teach you how... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
12 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem while traversing directories

I was given to create a backup of all files in a given directory(command line argument) into say /home/vishal/back and the back up files must be accordingly to the extension of the file i.e pdf files are saved in back/pdf doc files back/doc etc . I gave a recursive function to traverse through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davis7son
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

traversing a string

I am writing a script which will read a word and say how many vowels and consonants does the word contain. but i dont know how to traverse a string in shell scripting. if it was in C i'd have done something like this: cout<<"plz enter the word"<<endl; cin>>word; int consonants, vowels;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies

10. Programming

Traversing member of structure of vector C++

Hello, I want to loop thru a vector composed of many entries as structure, which contains sequenceID and sequence. At looping, delete any structure if the sequence is a perfect-match substring of another sequence of any other structure, so that the resulted vector contains only unique sequences.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)