Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sca a sequential file and fetch some substring data from it Post 302252469 by freelong on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 01:54:25 PM
Old 10-29-2008
Hi,
There are tons of this kind of questions in this forum, why not just search and learn a little bit.

Here is the code:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR {_[$1]; next}
        substr($2, 1,3) in _ {print $0}
        ' lookup_filename sequential_filename > output_filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to scan a sequential file to fetch some of the records?

Hi I am working on a script which needs to scan a sequential file and fetch the row where 2nd column = 'HUB' Can any one help me with this... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manmeet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fetch substring from records into another file

Hi all, Im stuck in findind solution to ths problem. Please guide me if u have any ideas. I have two files. ===FILE1=== >bi|2138271|geb|AAC15885.1|precursor MRVIAAAMLYLYIVVLAICSVGIQGIDYPSVSFNLAGAKSATWDFLRMPHDLVGEDNKYNDGEPITGNII... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data between two timestamps in a file using KSH

Hi, I got a requirement to fetch data between two time stamps in a big log file and grep for a word in that particular time interval of data. Here is my log looks like: 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Abcdefg 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Hijklmnophhoishfw 2012/04/08-14:35:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siri_886
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data between two dates from a file

Hi All, I m new to this forum & UNix too. currently i have a requirement which can fetch data from a logfile between two dates or timestamp. for example: 1. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 2. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 07 3. data from 2012 Jun 16 10:20 to 2012 Jul 03 10:10 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sequential files and store data in single file

1)In a particualr path i have a set of inputfiles like path:/defaultmis/MonthlyLoads/INFA_EXPORT_022013/map* example: 1)map_de 2)map_cod 3)map_feg ........and so on in above path there wil be nearly 15 to 20 files starting with map and in other path i have another file input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fetch specific data from a file.?

Hi , I have a file which contains 2 days logs(here it is 24 and 25) I want to list data only for date 25 fron the file. please suggest me how should i get this. file content mentioned below 17-05-24 Name Succ Fail 00:00:29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from file

Hi, I am new to scripting. I have a log file and need to fetch specific logs and copy to another file. A copy of the log is like this: =============================================================== = JOB : server123#jobs1.jobstream1 = USER : andyc = Tue 08/01/17... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prngp
3 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX