Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine Post 302252437 by NicoMan on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 12:08:07 PM
Old 10-29-2008
root:/ ioscan -funC disk|more
Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description
=====================================================================
disk 3 0/0/2/0.6.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE SEAGATE ST318404LC
/dev/dsk/c1t6d0 /dev/rdsk/c1t6d0
disk 1 0/4/0/0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP C5447A
/dev/dsk/c3t0d0 /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0
disk 2 0/5/0/0.1.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP C5447A
/dev/dsk/c4t1d0 /dev/rdsk/c4t1d0

Ok, I understand.
So I have to buy a SEAGATE ST318404LC disk? is not possible to use on of the other disks?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade HP9000 HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00

To all expert members, i need your help. We have an existing HP9000 K-Class 32-bit with HP-UX 10.20 OS installed and we would like to upgrade it to HP-UX 11.00. I am not really confident in doing upgrades in our system because i don't have any experience or trainings on this. If somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
3 Replies

2. Solaris

restore mirrored root

Hi, I have an ultra60 SUN Server with Solaris 10 4/04 S.O. installed on. I mirrored root disk and now I try to restore this. I simulate that I have lose the root FS, not for a hardware faillure but for a software problem and I can't use "meta"commands for using a good submirror. I must restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

migrate zpool root mirrored to other server by network

I have two servers, the first server is a sun x4170 and i need transfer zpool root (with all system) that this moment is mirror to new server x4200 , i don't now how can i clone , copy o migrate rpool (root) in new server by network. The two servers are different sites. Do i need jumpstart or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
0 Replies

5. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP9000 Container - NFS Issue

I am running HP9000 Containers version A.03.01. I have the container up and running. I now need to mount an exported file system from another HPUX server with both read and write permissions. I can get the mount okay but from the container I cannot read or write properly to the mounted file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaleRider
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies

9. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
cmdk(7D)							      Devices								  cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n dn lun n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 cmdk(7D)