Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine Post 302252397 by vbe on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 10:43:22 AM
Old 10-29-2008
correct!

But now more tricky:
(1 bad point for HP...)
to be able to mirror you would need mirror-ux installed and it is not free if you dont have it....

What type of OS do you have?
type swlist |more and look for a line like:
HPUX11i-OE-Ent B.11.11.0112 HP-UX Enterprise Operating Environment Component

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade HP9000 HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00

To all expert members, i need your help. We have an existing HP9000 K-Class 32-bit with HP-UX 10.20 OS installed and we would like to upgrade it to HP-UX 11.00. I am not really confident in doing upgrades in our system because i don't have any experience or trainings on this. If somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
3 Replies

2. Solaris

restore mirrored root

Hi, I have an ultra60 SUN Server with Solaris 10 4/04 S.O. installed on. I mirrored root disk and now I try to restore this. I simulate that I have lose the root FS, not for a hardware faillure but for a software problem and I can't use "meta"commands for using a good submirror. I must restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

migrate zpool root mirrored to other server by network

I have two servers, the first server is a sun x4170 and i need transfer zpool root (with all system) that this moment is mirror to new server x4200 , i don't now how can i clone , copy o migrate rpool (root) in new server by network. The two servers are different sites. Do i need jumpstart or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
0 Replies

5. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP9000 Container - NFS Issue

I am running HP9000 Containers version A.03.01. I have the container up and running. I now need to mount an exported file system from another HPUX server with both read and write permissions. I can get the mount okay but from the container I cannot read or write properly to the mounted file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaleRider
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies

9. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
metaoffline(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metaoffline(1M)

NAME
metaoffline, metaonline - place submirrors offline and online SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaoffline -h /usr/sbin/metaoffline [-s setname] [-f] mirror submirror /usr/sbin/metaonline -h /usr/sbin/metaonline [-s setname] mirror submirror DESCRIPTION
The metaoffline command prevents Solaris Volume Manager from reading and writing to the submirror that has been taken offline. While the submirror is offline, all writes to the mirror will be kept track of (by region) and will be written when the submirror is brought back online. The metaoffline command can also be used to perform online backups: one submirror is taken offline and backed up while the mirror remains accessible. (However, if this is a two-way mirror, data redundancy is lost while one submirror is offline.) The metaoffline command differs from the metadetach command because it does not sever the logical association between the submirror and the mirror. To completely remove a submirror from a mirror, use the metadetach command. A submirror that has been taken offline will only remain offline until the metaonline command is invoked or the system is rebooted. When the metaonline command is used, reading from and writing to the submirror resumes. A resync is automatically invoked to resync the regions written while the submirror was offline. Writes are directed to the submirror during resync. Reads, however, will come from a dif- ferent submirror. Once the resync operation completes, reads and writes are performed on that submirror. The metaonline command is only effective on a submirror of a mirror that has been taken offline. The metaoffline and metaonline commands can not be used on RAID 1 volumes in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. A submirror that has been taken offline with the metaoffline command can only be mounted as read-only. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -f Forces offlining of submirrors that have slices requiring maintenance. -h Displays usage message. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaoffline and metaonline will work. Using the -s option will cause the com- mand to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. mirror Specifies the metadevice name of the mirror from which the submirror will be either taken offline or put online. submirror Specifies the metadevice name of the submirror to be either taken offline or put online. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Taking a Submirror Offline This example takes one submirror, d9, offline from mirror d10. # metaoffline d10 d9 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metaonline and metaoffline commands are not applicable to mirrors in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. SunOS 5.10 12 Apr 2004 metaoffline(1M)