Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: difficult nawk to understand
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting difficult nawk to understand Post 302252324 by Perderabo on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 09:27:51 AM
Old 10-29-2008

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difficult Filtering Problem

Sir, I have a file containing say 1000 lines that contain 100 paragraphs of 10 lines each separated by blank lines.I have to match a pattern or a string "hdfhasdjkasdhs" and print the complete paragraphs containing these strings.I can do this with the help of line editor ex,but how can I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Piyush
1 Replies

2. Solaris

difficult time differences

:rolleyes: Hi, How to take the time diffence between start and finish time from a log file? It is like ..... started at Jun 20 23:20 . . ..... finished at Jun 21 01:40 Tryed so many ways but failed to ger exact way. :confused: Your help will be honoured. Ta........Lokesha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difficult sed command

Im trying to replace every line line1 line2 line3 with: line1 extraline1 line2 extraline2 line3 extraline3 with about 10 extra lines I am able to add axtra lines with: (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A difficult script (for me)

Hi, I'm a beginners, this is one of my first script, it's easy, but I don't know how to write this script: The script receive in input 4 parameters: 1) user_name 2) r and/or w and/or x ( rwx, rw, x, ....) 3) u and/or g and/or o ( u, uo, ugo, ...) 4) the path name The script print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

so difficult question about using grep

en...how to grep some words from some file, the goal is that, we donot want the words are exactly 9 charactor, and want to grep from some words that are longer than 9 and it contain a substring that with 9 different charactors (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrimpy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difficult problem with function declaration

Hello, I have a problem with the declaration of a function. This is how I declare the function : c:63: void foo(threadpool *tp,void (*func)(void*), (void*)arg); Inside main, I call it like this: main(){ .......... threadpool y; c:104: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garag11
4 Replies

8. Programming

Difficult in analyzing an algorithm

Hello, I was reading Heuritics text and came across an algorithm below. Finding hard to analyze it can any one help me out below... How to analyze if I take say no. of types are 5 and each type has say 20 coins. thanks. Let {c1, c2...cn=1} be a set of distinct coin types where ci is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)