Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to BOUNCE??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to BOUNCE?? Post 302251806 by redoubtable on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 06:06:46 AM
Old 10-28-2008
If depends on the operating system/distro you're using. What is the criteria of "automatically" ? It should stop the service automatically when...?

gentoo: /etc/init.d/service_you_want stop
fedora/redhat/centos: service service_you_want stop
slackware: /etc/rc.d/service_you_want stop
(etc)

Just go ahead and search directories in /etc like init or rc and you will easily find the init scripts.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with bounce back mails.

I have the following doubt : I login on my Unix machine as 'myid' I send out mails from this id setting the Header Properties in sendmail command. (From : g-eacctst01). I try sending mail to a wrong id. Where will the bounce back mail be stored ? How can we link the bounce back messages to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Had to bounce interface to add network route

Hi All, yesterday I was trying to add a network route to my solaris 8 host using 'route add'. Everytime I tried, I kept getting the response 'network is unreachable'. I was trying all kinds of different methods, however I eventually got it to work after bouncing the interface that I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qmail bounce

Hello, i seem to be facing a strange problem. I send my emails via qmail (on linux) and all the emails gets delivered to the recipient's inbox and bounces back to the sender's address and well. This happens irrespective of the recipient's email domain (gmail, yahoo, hotmail...). We recently... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeeptg
0 Replies

4. Linux

Sendmail bounce to postmaster

Hello, I am using sendmail for my mail server. Undelivered message bounce back to the postmaster with the body of the message. However, I dont want this to happen; senders should get the undelivered notification. I am not sure about the changes I have to make to the sendmail configuration for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antonis3
1 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)