Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: install new disk
Operating Systems Solaris install new disk Post 302251664 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 27th of October 2008 04:52:15 PM
Old 10-27-2008
have you rebooted the mashine? what kind of disk? seagate is the vendor... but what size is the disk? what is the OBP version of the 280? is it possible to get ssh to the mashine to have a look... you can use the sun-shared-shell to monitor the remote access. it can be downloaded at the sun website (sunsolve.sun.com).
also can you see the disk at ok> prompt with "probe-scsi-all"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install Solaris on External Firewire Disk

Hello All, I have a laptop running windows 2000 and I have a External Firewire Hard Disk of 60 GB. Now my question is, " Is it possible to install Solaris 8 on this external Firewire Hard Disk". When I tried installing, It did not find the external Firewire Disk, the only partition information,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install Linux 7.3 using DIsk Druid

I am installing Red Hat Linux using DISK DRUID to partition my hard drive. After partitioning all of the partitions except the last partition, let say I have 682m left unused on my hard drive, so I partion the last one and with 682m and using the option "use all space up to(MB)" 682 and it's going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install a new disk - i'm a total novice

Hi, This is the last of my two questions. Unfortunately i'm a total unix/solaris novice and our current solaris project has landed on my lap!! Sorry to bother you all!!! I currently have a solaris 7 system with two IDE disks in it. I need to add a third disk and install another version of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
3 Replies

4. Linux

Strange Disk problem on Install

Hello Forum, I am getting a very strange symptom whilst doing an install of CentOS on to an X64 system and I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem. I have two disks (PATA) installed to IDE0 (master) and the CDROM installed to IDE1 (slave) as a slave device. When I boot up the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenux_tux
0 Replies

5. SCO

Incorrect Disk Partition - New Install SCO 6.0

New IBM x3400 machine with a raid 5 configuration. Go through the early setup routine to the point where I answer the questions for time zone, machine name. Enter continue and get a message stating : "Incorrect disk partitioning cannot continue" This is a sco message, refers to the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjbtms
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install new packages when disk space is full

during installation i created four partitions mainly / 5GB /home 1GB /boot 100MB swap 2GB now since i didnt make the /usr partition all of the packages were being installed in the / partition ..now all the space in the / partition is filled ...i ran du -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO507 not recognizing entire disk space on install

Hello, I'm trying to install 507 on an HP G5 ML350 server, and I've hit a snag. The installation goes fine until I try to customize the Unix partition on the harddrive--SCO will only see 50 GB of disk space (49852 to be exact). I've installed an HP P400 Smart Array Controller and set up 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asab
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

install redhat linux 5 into usb disk

Hi, I have 2 question. 1)how can I install the redhat linux 5 into USB disk and boot from USB disk forever. 2) how can I backup an existing redhat linux from hd to USB by disk image and make the USB bootable afterward , so I can use usb disk to boot the linux in another machine .... Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
mpapi.conf(4)							   File Formats 						     mpapi.conf(4)

NAME
mpapi.conf - configuration file for libMPAPI SYNOPSIS
/etc/mpapi.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/mpapi.conf file is used to specify the vendor-provided plugin library that is installed on the system. This file is used by the libMPAPI(3LIB) common library to load the individual plugin library when its interface is called. If changes are made to the file while the library is in use, the library should be unloaded and reloaded. Addition and removal of the plugin library should be handled through MP_RegisterPlugin(3MPAPI) and MP_DeregisterPlugin(3MPAPI). Each plugin library entry is a single line of the form: "id" "library file name" where id The identification of library. It is the resersed domain name of the vendor followed by "." followed by the vendor specific name of the plugin thatuniquiely identifies the plugin library. library file name The shared object library file in the absolute path format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example of an /etc/mpapi.conf file # This file contains names and references to MP API plugin libraries # # Do NOT manually edit this file # # Format: # # <library ID> <library file name> # com.sun.mpapi32 /lib/libmpscsi_vhci.so com.sun.mpapi64 /lib/64/libmpscsi_vhci.so ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmpapir | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), MP_DeregisterPlugin(3MPAPI), MP_RegisterPlugin(3MPAPI), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Mar 2006 mpapi.conf(4)