Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Incorrect login NIS?
Operating Systems Solaris Incorrect login NIS? Post 302251599 by Juterassee on Monday 27th of October 2008 01:33:48 PM
Old 10-27-2008
Hi,

we had another storm with a power outage this last sunday and it's really strange because this station work fine now.

So, here the result of ypwhich -x :

jericho{12}: ypwhich -x
Use "passwd" for map "passwd.byname"
Use "group" for map "group.byname"
Use "networks" for map "networks.byaddr"
Use "hosts" for map "hosts.byname"
Use "ipnodes" for map "ipnodes.byname"
Use "protocols" for map "protocols.bynumber"
Use "services" for map "services.byname"
Use "aliases" for map "mail.aliases"
Use "ethers" for map "ethers.byname"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Login Incorrect

I have rebooted my box (Redhat Linux) and the system is back online now, but Iam unable to login via ssh for all the users including root, it says "Login Incorrect". I am pretty sure the username/password is correct.May be the password or the shadow file is corrupted ??? How do i login to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login incorrect

Hi to all, I get a problem when i tried to modifie the password of the root,but thi s the message i have on root password,even i put the old password i have the same message "password has expired, you are allowed to entry by daemon"Could any one give me any suggestion to solve the problem?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: espace1000
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

4. Solaris

dtlogin problem? Login incorrect; please try again error

At boot the gui looks like it is starting but right away I see a message box pop up saying: 'login incorrect; please try again' and a black screen otherwise. I click ok and it comes right back up. By the way I am running the SGD software and have 2 sunray DTUs connected. The sunray DTUs display the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmuck
7 Replies

5. Solaris

opensolrias : login incorrect in intalation?

Well I use OpenSolaris about 6 months until all traquilo ai ... OpenSolaris is a partitioned HD but only have OpenSolaris. the other partition is empty. Oh for some reason the personal I would WINDOWS installing xp then did the normal installation of windows and made a NTFS partition on that HD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyagosallet
2 Replies

6. Solaris

[Solved] Solaris 10 - Ftp Login incorrect

Hey everyone, I am trying to get a 2GB patch cluster FTP'd to a solaris 10 server. I have tried logging in via ftp, and both with root as well as my personal account, I get "Login Incorrect." I have verified that I can log in using telnet. -bash-3.00$ netstat -a |grep ftp *.ftp ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remshd: Login incorrect.

Hi, i am trying to do a RCP from a reality environment machine to a unix directory and coming up with the error remshd: Login incorrect. Any ideas? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ILOM Sunservice login incorrect

We have tried to perform the data collection of 11 SUN FIRE X4170 SERVER as part of preventive maintenance activity. But, when we tried to access the ILOM using sunservice user we got a “login incorrect” prompt. We used the “changeme” password. can we use the root/changeme account instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chozie
4 Replies

9. SuSE

530 Login incorrect

Hi I upgraded my Suse linux server and installed a complete new server with suse ver 11. I copied the passwd and shadow files from the old Suse 10 to the new Suse 11 server (/etc) Now I get "530 Login incorrect" error when I try to FTP into an account with correct username and password. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony.Marshall
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Login failed username password is incorrect

Hi all, For one of our server (Windows 2008R2), we sometimes will received "login failed username password is incorrect" when login in as domain account (the username & password is correct). Only after a reboot of the server (using local account), we can login without the above error. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies
ypfiles(4)							   File Formats 							ypfiles(4)

NAME
ypfiles - Network Information Service Version 2, formerly knows as YP DESCRIPTION
The NIS network information service uses a distributed, replicated database of dbm files , in ASCII form, that are contained in the /var/yp directory hierarchy on each NIS server. A dbm database served by the NIS server is called a NIS map. A NIS domain is a subdirectory of /var/yp that contains a set of NIS maps on each NIS server. Standard nicknames are defined in the file /var/yp/nicknames. These names can be used in place of the full map name in the ypmatch and ypcat commands. Use the command ypwhich -x to display the current set of nicknames. Use the command ypwhich -m to display all the available maps. Each line of the nickname file contains two fields separated by white space. The first field is the nickname, and the second field is the name of the map that it expands to. The nickname cannot contain a ".". NIS to LDAP (N2L) If the /var/yp/NISLDAPmapping configuration file is present, the NIS server operates in NIS to LDAP (N2L) mode. In this mode, NIS maps are stored in a new set of DBM files, prepended by the LDAP_ prefix, at /var/yp/domainename. These files are used as a cache backed by informa- tion from an LDAP server. Additional DBM files are created in the same directory to hold the cache's TTL values. N2L mode enables NIS clients to be supported in an LDAP environment. In N2L mode, the old style DBM files, NIS source files, and the ypmake(1M) utility have to role. They are retained to enable easy conver- sion back to the traditional mode, if required. Converting from N2L to Traditional NIS When NIS is operating in N2L mode, it uses a new set of NIS maps with an LDAP_ prefix, based on the contents of the LDAP DIT. The NIS source files are unused and become out of date. If you wish to convert back to the traditional NIS mode, the N2L configuration file should be deleted. The system will then return to using the standard map files. Optionally, the N2L mode map files, /var/yp/*/LDAP_* can also be deleted. If you want to run the system in traditional mode with information based on the DIT, then the NIS source files must be regenerated based on the N2L maps. To regenerate the NIS source files based on the N2L maps, run ypmap2src(1M). NIS+ NIS+ also provides a NIS service when it runs in YP-compatibility mode. See NIS+(1) and rpc.nisd(1M). NIS+, in any mode, cannot be run on the same system as ypserv, whether ypserv is in traditional or N2L mode. FILES
/var/yp Directory containing NIS configuration files. /var/yp/binding Stores the information required to bind the NIS client to the NIS server. /var/yp/binding/ypdomain/ypservers Contains the servers to which the NIS client is allowed to bind. /var/yp/Makefile Builds the NIS ndbm databases. /var/yp/nicknames Nicknames file. /var/yp/securenets Defines the hosts and networks that are granted access to information in the served domain. This file is read at startup time by ypserv and ypxfrd. /var/yp/ypdomain Directory containing ndbm databases. /var/yp/NISLDAPmapping NIS to LDAP configuration file /var/yp/*/LDAP_* NIS to LDAP mode map files SEE ALSO
ldap(1), NIS+(1), makedbm(1M), nisaddent(1M), nissetup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), ypbind(1M), ypinit(1M), ypmake(1M), ypmap2src(1M), ypserv(1M), ypxfrd(1M), ndbm(3C), ypclnt(3NSL) NOTES
The NIS+ server, rpc.nisd, when run in "YP-compatibility mode", can support NIS clients only for the standard NIS maps listed below, pro- vided that it has been set up to serve the corresponding NIS+ tables using nissetup(1M) and nisaddent(1M). The NIS+ server should serve the directory with the same name (case sensitive) as the domainname of the NIS client. NIS+ servers use secure RPC to verify client credentials but the NIS clients do not authenticate their requests using secure RPC. Therefore, NIS clients can look up the information stored by the NIS+ server only if the information has "read" access for an unauthenticated client, that is, one with nobody NIS+ credentials. NIS maps NIS+ tables passwd.byname passwd.org_dir passwd.byuid passwd.org_dir group.byname group.org_dir group.bygid group.org_dir publickey.byname cred.org_dir hosts.byaddr hosts.org_dir hosts.byname hosts.org_dir mail.byaddr mail_aliases.org_dir mail.aliases mail_aliases.org_dir services.byname services.org_dir services.byservicename services.org_dir rpc.bynumber rpc.org_dir rpc.byname rpc.org_dir protocols.bynumber protocols.org_dir protocols.byname protocols.org_dir networks.byaddr networks.org_dir networks.byname networks.org_dir netmasks.byaddr netmasks.org_dir ethers.byname ethers.org_dir ethers.byaddr ethers.byname bootparams bootparams auto.master auto_master.org_dir auto.home auto_home.org_dir auto.direct auto_direct.org_dir auto.src auto_src.org_dir SunOS 5.11 24 Nov 2003 ypfiles(4)