Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hacmp temp storage for tl8sp2 Post 302250998 by itik on Friday 24th of October 2008 06:02:14 PM
Old 10-24-2008
hacmp temp storage for tl8sp2

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a temporary storage on the oraclevg FS for the tl8sp2? My rootvg is getting low on free space, less than 3G.

I'm I going to use System Management (C-SPOC)/HACMP Logical Volume Management/Shared File Systems.

Is that correct? Is that safe?

I want to do the update always on the passive node which it doesn't have the resources. Is that possible? You can see the oraclevg anyways, right.

Thank you for any comments you may add.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies
media_getid(3VOLMGT)					Volume Management Library Functions				      media_getid(3VOLMGT)

NAME
media_getid - return the id of a piece of media SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lvolgmt [library ...] #include <volmgt.h> ulonglong_t media_getid(char *vol_path); DESCRIPTION
media_getid() returns the id of a piece of media. Volume Management must be running. See volmgt_running(3VOLMGT). PARAMETERS
vol_path Path to the block or character special device. RETURN VALUES
media_getid() returns the id of the volume. This value is unique for each volume. If media_getid() returns 0, the path provided is not valid, for example, it is a block or char device. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using media_getid() The following example first checks if Volume Management is running, then checks the volume management name space for path, and then returns the id for the piece of media. char *path; ... if (volmgt_running()) { if (volmgt_ownspath(path)) { (void) printf("id of %s is %lld ", path, media_getid(path)); } } If a program using media_getid() does not check whether or not Volume Management is running, then any NULL return value will be ambiguous, as it could mean that either Volume Management does not have path in its name space, or Volume Management is not running. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Commitment Level |Public | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
volmgt_ownspath(3VOLMGT),volmgt_running(3VOLMGT),attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Apr1998 media_getid(3VOLMGT)