Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search a directory in unix Post 302250871 by sethcoop on Friday 24th of October 2008 01:10:07 PM
Old 10-24-2008
This will find directories named construction and pass them into the script.

Code:
for all in `find / -name "construction" -type d -print`
do
  /bin/scripttorun.ksh $all
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files from a unix directory to a windows directory

Any body any ideas i'm failry new to this so any help would be appreciated. Cheers Steve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gleads
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix find command to print directory and search string

Hi i need to print pathname in which the string present using 'find' command sample output like this Pathname String to be searched ---------- -------------------- /usr/test/myfile get /opt/test/somefile get Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princein
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one directory to another directory in unix

Hi, I have to transfer five files from one directory to another directory in unix with the help of shell scripts. This shell script calling the param file as input parameter. Every day one file will come and fall on my source directory. Remaining files will fall on any one of the day of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for a pattern in a directory?

Hi, i need help on how to do this: to make a shell script that reads 2 parameters in command line, one directory and pattern. Then it must search for the string in all files starting from the indicated directory (including subfolders) and excluding binary files. The results should show the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubu-user
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking directory permissions on UNIX directory

Hi, How do i check if I have read/write/execute rights on a UNIX directory? What I'm doing is checking read access on the files but i also want to check if user has rights on the direcory in whcih these files are present. if then...... And I check if the directory exists by using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in Unix home directory

I have many views in my Linux home dir under different folders mentioned below. Home 1. CCVIEWS 2. views 3. Development 4. testproject : : etc. Now i want to list all the clearcase views in my linux dir in below format to work on other script. 1) user_test_Work1.vws ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To do directory tree search

Hello Everyone, I need to find the file / directory with the maximum timestamp in a directory tree having many files / directories. Could you please help. Thanks, H squared (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)