Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: input/Output settings
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users input/Output settings Post 302250738 by fpmurphy on Friday 24th of October 2008 07:03:14 AM
Old 10-24-2008
stty -a shows you all your terminal settings.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

kickstart output/input

Hello Linux gurus! Ive got a RedHat EnterP. 4 kickstart server that is also running RedHat EnterP 4. It is working as i should and no problem at all. However, now i want to run a little script with output and input. Ive read up a bit and what i realized is that a input in %pre phase is not a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Output from one command as input to another

This site has been very helpful thus far.. I thank you all in advance for sharing the knowledge. Let me get to it. I am trying to write a very small script to take away from the boredom of doing the same thing over and over. Everynow and again I have to get the hex value of a file using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using output to input another command

Hi guys. Is it possible (I'm sure it is) to use the output of a simple 'ls' command as input of another command 'tail'. It is not really the output of the 'ls'. I have to useeach line of the output. This is the first command... ls *myFile*021308* Which it outputs many filenames. For each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrimuino
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input -output file

Hi, I am having an Input file .which is having a list of names. comapring with our database , needs to write the out put in file called output.txt , format should be name--> country--->phone number could you please help me.. thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

INPUT/OUTPUT question

Hi All, Is it wrong to do something like this: ssh -T $PROXY_USER@$PROXY_SERVER < script.txt > ssh_output.log I ran and it works fine and does what I need. I wanted to pass a set of commands to the ssh session and store an output in the log file. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take the input from output logs

Hi, If I have loads of logs like below and I am interested to print the requests(lines) which have taken more than 1000 ms. In this case how could I print the two highlighted lines ? abc.log reqquest id232342 , adfghfasdfsaf, TIME=30 reqquest id11111 , asdfdfghdffsaf, TIME=54 reqquest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariwithu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take the input from output logs

Hi, If I have loads of logs like below and I am interested to print the requests(lines) which have taken more than 1000 ms. In this case how could I print the two highlighted lines ? abc.log reqquest id232342 , adfghfasdfsaf, TIME=30 reqquest id11111 , asdfdfghdffsaf, TIME=54 reqquest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariwithu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Looping through input/output

Hi, I've got a directory of about 6000 txt files that look like this: a b c d e f g h k l m n I need to execute a command on them to combine them and, in the end, have one big file with all the needed columns taken form all the 6000 files. I've got the "combining" program, but my problem... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
26 Replies

10. Red Hat

Input/output error

Hi issue with red hat and san. I had a LUN shared to me from an oracle storage I am able to see it and the size. ~]# multipath -ll mpathe (3600144f0e984617b00005b466bd70014) dm-3 SUN,ZFS Storage 7430 size=10T features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
tabs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tabs(1)

NAME
tabs - set tabs on a terminal SYNOPSIS
tabs [-v[n]] [-ahuUV] file... DESCRIPTION
The tabs program clears and sets tab-stops on the terminal. This uses the terminfo clear_all_tabs and set_tab capabilities. If either is absent, tabs is unable to clear/set tab-stops. The terminal should be configured to use hard tabs, e.g., stty tab0 OPTIONS
General Options -Tname Tell tabs which terminal type to use. If this option is not given, tabs will use the $TERM environment variable. If that is not set, it will use the ansi+tabs entry. -d The debugging option shows a ruler line, followed by two data lines. The first data line shows the expected tab-stops marked with asterisks. The second data line shows the actual tab-stops, marked with asterisks. -n This option tells tabs to check the options and run any debugging option, but not to modify the terminal settings. The tabs program processes a single list of tab stops. The last option to be processed which defines a list is the one that determines the list to be processed. Implicit Lists Use a single number as an option, e.g., "-5" to set tabs at the given interval (in this case 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, etc.). Tabs are repeated up to the right margin of the screen. Explicit Lists An explicit list can be defined after the options (this does not use a "-"). The values in the list must be in increasing numeric order, and greater than zero. They are separated by a comma or a blank, for example, tabs 1,6,11,16,21 tabs 1 6 11 16 21 Use a '+' to treat a number as an increment relative to the previous value, e.g., tabs 1,+5,+5,+5,+5 which is equivalent to the 1,6,11,16,21 example. Predefined Tab-Stops X/Open defines several predefined lists of tab stops. -a Assembler, IBM S/370, first format -a2 Assembler, IBM S/370, second format -c COBOL, normal format -c2 COBOL compact format -c3 COBOL compact format extended -f FORTRAN -p PL/I -s SNOBOL -u UNIVAC 1100 Assembler PORTABILITY
X/Open describes a +m option, to set a terminal's left-margin. None of the entries in the terminal database provide this capability. The -d (debug) and -n (no-op) options are extensions not provided by other implementations. Documentation for other implementations states that there is a limit on the number of tab stops. While some terminals may not accept an arbitrary number of tab stops, this implementation will attempt to set tab stops up to the right margin of the screen, if the given list happens to be that long. SEE ALSO
tset(1), infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5). This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). tabs(1)