Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chemist Needs Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Chemist Needs Help Post 302250528 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 23rd of October 2008 03:17:24 PM
Old 10-23-2008
The code above will work for you - plugin correct values for the red text below:
Code:
printf "%s\n%s\n%s\n%s\n" "comment" "x y x"  "101"  "4 7" > newfile

awk '/Done/ {print $2}'  file | \
 awk ' BEGIN { cnt =1.5 }
         {printf("%.1f  %s  42 69.42\n", cnt  $0); cnt+=.1 } >> newfile

Keep all quotes and punctuation characters as they are. They have meaning. Just use alphanumerics and . for a decimals and +- for signs on numbers if needed. File names cannot contain spaces or weird characters.

The number of rows you create in the output file is totally depdendent on the number of rows you read in via the first awk statement. ie., the number of lines read in from "file". Nothing is doing any counting for you. If you don't get 101 lines look to your input data.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chemist Needs Help part II

Hello friends, I was wondering if you can help me with probably a simple function to you all: the sample looks and has this format. I was wondering how I could extract the first and second column starting including the line 'E/N and Ko' and not stop until there are no more lines. Thank you for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
5 Replies
BlueZ(1)							   User Commands							  BlueZ(1)

NAME
pand - BlueZ Bluetooth PAN daemon DESCRIPTION
The pand PAN daemon allows your computer to connect to ethernet networks using Bluetooth. SYNPOSIS
pand <options> OPTIONS
--show --list -l Show active PAN connections --listen -s Listen for PAN connections --connect -c <bdaddr> Create PAN connection --search -Q[duration] Search and connect --kill -k <bdaddr> Kill PAN connection --killall -K Kill all PAN connections --role -r <role> Local PAN role (PANU, NAP, GN) --service -d <role> Remote PAN service (PANU, NAP, GN) --ethernet -e <name> Network interface name --device -i <bdaddr> Source bdaddr --nosdp -D Disable SDP --encrypt -E Enable encryption --secure -S Secure connection --master -M Become the master of a piconet --nodetach -n Do not become a daemon --persist -p[interval] Persist mode --cache -C[valid] Cache addresses --pidfile -P <pidfile> Create PID file --devup -u <script> Script to run when interface comes up --devdown -o <script> Script to run when interface comes down --autozap -z Disconnect automatically on exit SCRIPTS
The devup/devdown script will be called with bluetooth device as first argument and bluetooth destination address as second argument. PAN daemon February 2003 BlueZ(1)