Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers split a file with unique sets Post 302250069 by redoubtable on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 04:34:15 PM
Old 10-22-2008
You're aware there's a limited number of combinations for a given fixed number of ids, right?
So, if you have 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 in the example you gave, and this happens more than once, the first partition could be (1,1,1),(2,2,3,3),(4,5,5) and a second occurrence of those ids could generate a partition like (1,1), (1, 2,2,3,3),(4,5,5), right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FILE SETS in unix

Hi all, Pls. let me know whether there is any concept called "FILE SETS" in unix? Because, I am using ETL tool DataStage which creates FILE SETS. While I am able to view the data of such a file set in the tool, the "cat" command on this FILESET lists only the Metadata and not the data content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_A
2 Replies

2. AIX

IP Security file sets

hello, we are implementing ip security on several of our aix 5.2-09 boxes and i am unable to locate the prerequisite file sets. does anyone know where i can find these? i have the original 5.2 cd's but these file sets are not on any of the cd's. Any thoughts or suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
3 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort split merge -u unique

Hi, this is about sorting a very large file (like 10 gb) to keep lines with unique entries across SOME of the columns. The line originally looked like this: sort -u -k2,2 -k3,3n -k4,4n -k5,5n -k6,6n file_unsorted > file_sorted please note the -u flag. The problem is that this single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbr950
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying dupes within a database and creating unique sub-sets

Hello, I have a database of name variants with the following structure: variant=variant=variant The number of variants can be as many as thirty to forty. Since the database is quite large (at present around 60,000 lines) duplicate sets of variants creep in. Thus John=Johann=Jon and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split into multiple files by using Unique columns in a UNIX file

I have requirement to split below file (sample.csv) into multiple files by using the unique columns (first 3 are unique columns) sample.csv 123|22|56789|ABCDEF|12AB34|2019-07-10|2019-07-10|443.3400|1|1 123|12|5679|BCDEFG|34CD56|2019-07-10|2019-07-10|896.7200|1|2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RVSP
3 Replies
DISKTAB(5)							File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab - disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disktab.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple date base which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. The format is patterned after the term- cap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:' separated fields. The first entry for each disk gives the names which are known for the disk, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry. Name Type Description ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk b0 str Filename of block zero primary bootstrap for device ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors se num Sector size in bytes (default 512) sf bool supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding so bool partition offsets in sectors ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) Disktab entries may be automatically generated with the diskpart program. FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
newfs(8), diskpart(8), getdiskbyname(3) BUGS
This file shouldn't exist, the information should be stored on each disk pack. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 17, 1986 DISKTAB(5)