Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 and sshfs
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 and sshfs Post 302249731 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 22nd of October 2008 02:11:26 AM
Old 10-22-2008
why don't you use NFS?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshfs twice on the same dir

Hi everyone. I have 3 machines, let's call them store, node1 and node2. I have to mount on node1 and node2 the same directory of store. So, I launch the sshfs command on node1 and everything works fine. But when I try to do that on node2, it hangs for a while and then I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount twice sshfs dir

Hi everyone. I have 3 machines, let's call them store, node1 and node2. I have to mount on node1 and node2 the same directory of store. So, I launch the sshfs command on node1 and everything works fine. But when I try to do that on node2, it hangs for a while and then I obtain:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Alternative to sshfs?

I have an automated testing script that relies on the dev box being able to see production's (NFS) share. It uses rsync and ssh to handle transfers and command execution; however, it also needs the production share mounted in order to run Perl code against it when Unix commands via ssh will not do.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh, truecrypt, sshfs in a script

Hello all, First time posting, although the site has helped solve many problems in the past! I would like to create a script to simplify a series of commands that I run: Log into the ssh-server (RSA key) ssh username@hostname -p 6110 Once there, I mount a truecrypt volume: truecrypt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshtoast
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sshfs script

Hi, I am new to this forum. I want to setup my personal Dropbox between my home server and the work station in the office. I followed this tutorial danbishop.org/2011/09/10/...-in-os-x-lion/and it works great. :) The trouble now is I am not sure how I can make it to start on boot. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macpc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH tunnel working for ssh but not for sshfs

I'm trying to setup a link between my home pc (work-machine) and a server at work (tar-machine) that is behind a gateway (hop-machine) and not directly accessible. my actions: work-machine$ ssh -L 1234:tar-machine:22 hop-machine work-machine$ ssh -p 1234 user@127.0.0.1 - shh access on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vathau
1 Replies
nfs_selinux(8)						 NFS SELinux Policy documentation					    nfs_selinux(8)

NAME
nfs_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for NFS DESCRIPTION
Security Enhanced Linux secures the NFS server via flexible mandatory access control. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on the least level of access required. SELinux can be configured to not allow NFS to share files. If you want to share NFS partitions, and only allow read-only access to those NFS partitions, turn the nfs_export_all_ro boolean on: setsebool -P nfs_export_all_ro 1 If you want to share files read/write you must set the nfs_export_all_rw boolean. setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1 These booleans are not required when files to be shared are labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types. NFS can share files labeled with the public_content_t or public_content_rw_t types even if the nfs_export_all_ro and nfs_export_all_rw booleans are off. If you want to use a remote NFS server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean: setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), chcon(1), setsebool(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 9 Feb 2009 nfs_selinux(8)