Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS The Admin Zen: Keep it up and running. Post 302249548 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 03:00:03 PM
Old 10-21-2008
The Admin Zen: Keep it up and running.

The goal of this cheat sheet is to provide ~100 concise ideas, concepts and rules for sys admins. Reading them takes a few minutes. Practicing them takes forever.Includes:* Know your tools* Anticipate* Expect problems* Design it* Scale* Backup* Communicate* DocumentGreat resource.

More...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

Creative Zen Sleek Photo...

Hi all, My thanks in advance for reading and any posts. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere where I can get a driver from for a creative zen sleek photo for redhad Fedora? I ordered it stupidly without making sure that it would work on Fedora, seems that it only works on WinXP. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script stops running the remaining checks after becoming admin

Hi all, I encountered a problem where my script stops running the remaining checks after becoming an admin that is written within the script. For example: ========================================= #!/bin/sh check 1 # Runs successfully check 2 # Runs successfully /com/bin/admin #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanchew
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
users-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						    users-admin(1)

NAME
users-admin - Users Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
users-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
users-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. users-admin allows you add, delete and modify the existing users and groups in your system. OPTIONS
users-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
users-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 users-admin(1)