Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parse long input parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse long input parameters Post 302249371 by wempy on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 07:50:32 AM
Old 10-21-2008
hi, extract from http://fvue.nl/wiki/Bash_and_Windows
Quote:
"It appears the `getopt' command is not ready available from Cygwin. And I can't find a package named `getopt' to install. Bash has a builtin `getopts', but this doesn't take care of long options.

Solution

Install the Cygwin package `util-linux'. This package provides `getopt.exe'. "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input parameters

I have a script which take 3 input parameters 1st - a date (i.e. current date) 2nd - type (i.e. A) 3rd - limit (i.e. 40) normally the date parameter would be current date, so I thought I could do this calculate.sh $(date +%Y-%m-%d) A 40 however, it seems like it can't be done,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input parameters pls help!

Hi i am a newbie who is trying to input parameters into this script, but not sure where to start. The parameters that need to be input are the baseline label "abc.0111.BL " mantioned bellow, and database string "abc/abcp@db2 @counter.sql " Environment: Windows XP Running script: Cygwin 3.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarik20
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify input parameters

I have to write a script to verify input parameters; say esr should be YES or NO other wise the script should print an error. This is what i tried in my script but I get the following error : esr="YES" if ; then print " Error should specify esr options YES/NO" else esr =$esr fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse HTML tag parameters and text

Hi! I have a bunch of HTML files, which I want to parse to CSV files. Every page has a table in it, and I need to parse each row into a csv record. With awk and sed, I managed to put every table row in separate lines. So my file looks like this: <TR> .... </TR> <TR> .... </TR> ...One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senszey
1 Replies

5. Programming

Parse parameters with getopts

Hi, this is my problem I have script with two parameters -n name and -s surname. Both have arguments and I want to know how parse these parameters with getopts. When you write ./names -n John -s White it find you all persons, which name is John White, but when you write ./names -n John ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frees
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] I need to parse an username in parameters

Hi! Thank you ina advance for your Help. Sorry my english, Im from Argentina! Great Place!!! So, here si my problem I have a variable, lets say PARAMETERS that could be set like this: PARAMETROS="-Usistemas string1 -Astring2 -G -Y -Kcoco -Y string4 -Z" or PARAMETROS="string1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hercraft
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I take input parameters after the first one?

Hi, Is there a simple way to take input of parameters after the first one? As following example, if I assign others=$2, it only takes the second one, if I assign others=$@, it will include the first one. I may try to assign others="$2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9", it looks very ugly and could missing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hce
1 Replies

10. AIX

Input parameters

friends and I can validate whether to run the shell has input parameters m event date, I occasionally happen something like this does not work if $ 1 is null then echo has entered input parameters else echo "parameter ok" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD