Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Rename/Convert Files in Shell Scripting? Post 302249319 by radoulov on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 06:24:21 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Could you post the output of the following command:

Code:
bash -c 'x=OK.;echo ${x%.}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files using shell scripting

Hi all, i want to rename some files in my directory using korn shell scripting. 1) i want to rename files who have no extension so that they will have the format: filename.extension and 2) i want the files who has extension initially, to stay the same (they will not be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to rename files

Hi, i need a bit of help writting a tcsh script which renames all ascii text files in the current directory by adding a number to their names before the extension so for example, a directory containing the files Hello.txt Hello.t Hello should have the following changes, Hello.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakuzaa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for a Shell script to rename multiple files

Hi! I need help to create a shell script to search inside a file and then copy a portion of the search result as the new file name. Basically I was hacked over the weekend and the genius wipe out my drive from my server. I was able to recover alot of files, but biggest problem Is now the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidney514
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename a group of files

Hello, I am having 1800 files in a directory with a specified format, like amms_850o_prod.000003uNy amms_850o_prod.000003u8x amms_850o_prod.000003taP amms_850o_prod.000003tKy amms_850o_prod.000003si4 amms_850o_prod.000003sTP amms_850o_prod.000003sBg amms_850o_prod.000003rvx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Power Shell - rename files and move

hi people; i want to make a file/folder operation as follows. - i have 41 folders in Windows and each of them have same-named files (~200 files each) inside. - i want to stack these files together in a folder but Windows is asking to "overwrite" (as usual) since the file names are the same.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert String to an Array using shell scripting in JSON file.

This is the sample json I have pasted here. I want all the IP address strings to be converted into an array. For example "10.38.32.202" has to be converted to everywhere in the JSON. There are multiple IPs in a JSON I am pasting one sample object from the JSON. But the IPs already in an Array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinshas1
11 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)