Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 - Cluster Problem
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Solaris 10 - Cluster Problem Post 302249315 by hi2joshi on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 06:09:49 AM
Old 10-21-2008
Hi,

Sorry for replying late as I was out of station for some days. Anyways, I am back and tried again with all suggestions but still I am facing problems. Let me tell you how I tried step by step.

(1) Installed Solaris10 on both node having "/globaldevices" as separate partition. (I haven't registered OS to SUN for some reason).
(2) Installed Solaris Cluster Suite 3.2 2/08 on both nodes.
(3) Make entries of both node in files like /etc/hosts,/etc/inet/ipnodes. (Please see attached file where I have given respective configurations what I did before moving ahead with "scinstall").
(4) ssh is enabled between two nodes and root user login is also available when accessing from root user.
(5) Both nodes have cross-cable connectivity for Private network and that physical ethernet card is not plumbed at startup as well!!!!
(6) After going ahead with "scinstall" custom installation from Node-1, I got stucked and not getting how to move ahead. (Attaching file for scinstall log from Node-1).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Solaris and Cluster Patches

Simple question: After applying a cluster patch to a sun solaris box I am left with a root volume 81% full. I could run through the hassle of resizing the slices which is way too much work for a Ultra 5 running DNS only. Is there a way to clean up the /var/sadm/pkg area, aka dump the save info. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
5 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Sun Solaris cluster

Hi all, I need ur help plz how sun cluster work and i need good reference for that. ur cooperate is appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshAdmin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Cluster

Hi All, i have 2 zone 1- Oracle DB Primary Server 2- Oracle DB Secondary Server i make script do r sync between this 2 zones but i am planning to do is make Solaris cluster between this zones if the primary Server field the secondary server up and running automatically without any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamisux
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Device Problem

I build up two node cluster (node1, node2) in virtualbox. For these two nodes I add 5 shared disk. (Also each node have own OS disk). 1 shared disk for vtoc 2 shared disk for NFS resource group 2 shared disk for WEB resource group When I finished my work; two nodes was ok and shared disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonofsunra
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_ibd(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_ibd(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_ibd - configure the InfiniBand (ibd) transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure ibd adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can only be used with transport type dlpi. The ibd adapter connects to an InfiniBand transport switch. The connection is made through a transport cable. When the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using scconf, scinstall, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node ID that hosts the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user-configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_transp_jct_ibswitch(1M), scinstall(1M), ibd(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_ibd(1M)