Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parse long input parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse long input parameters Post 302249300 by larne on Tuesday 21st of October 2008 05:24:05 AM
Old 10-21-2008
parse long input parameters

anybody know a nice way to parse long input parameters such as --path /dir1/dir2/ (see below). Now I have more than 10 input parameters and it's confusing having parameters like -q something, I would prefer longer ones
Code:
case $OPTKEY in
    --path)   M_PATH=$OPTARG          ;;
    -s)   S_PATH=$OPTARG                ;;
done

I am using cygwin and it seems getopt is not available (only getopts)
cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input parameters

I have a script which take 3 input parameters 1st - a date (i.e. current date) 2nd - type (i.e. A) 3rd - limit (i.e. 40) normally the date parameter would be current date, so I thought I could do this calculate.sh $(date +%Y-%m-%d) A 40 however, it seems like it can't be done,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input parameters pls help!

Hi i am a newbie who is trying to input parameters into this script, but not sure where to start. The parameters that need to be input are the baseline label "abc.0111.BL " mantioned bellow, and database string "abc/abcp@db2 @counter.sql " Environment: Windows XP Running script: Cygwin 3.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarik20
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify input parameters

I have to write a script to verify input parameters; say esr should be YES or NO other wise the script should print an error. This is what i tried in my script but I get the following error : esr="YES" if ; then print " Error should specify esr options YES/NO" else esr =$esr fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse HTML tag parameters and text

Hi! I have a bunch of HTML files, which I want to parse to CSV files. Every page has a table in it, and I need to parse each row into a csv record. With awk and sed, I managed to put every table row in separate lines. So my file looks like this: <TR> .... </TR> <TR> .... </TR> ...One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senszey
1 Replies

5. Programming

Parse parameters with getopts

Hi, this is my problem I have script with two parameters -n name and -s surname. Both have arguments and I want to know how parse these parameters with getopts. When you write ./names -n John -s White it find you all persons, which name is John White, but when you write ./names -n John ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frees
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] I need to parse an username in parameters

Hi! Thank you ina advance for your Help. Sorry my english, Im from Argentina! Great Place!!! So, here si my problem I have a variable, lets say PARAMETERS that could be set like this: PARAMETROS="-Usistemas string1 -Astring2 -G -Y -Kcoco -Y string4 -Z" or PARAMETROS="string1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hercraft
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I take input parameters after the first one?

Hi, Is there a simple way to take input of parameters after the first one? As following example, if I assign others=$2, it only takes the second one, if I assign others=$@, it will include the first one. I may try to assign others="$2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9", it looks very ugly and could missing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hce
1 Replies

10. AIX

Input parameters

friends and I can validate whether to run the shell has input parameters m event date, I occasionally happen something like this does not work if $ 1 is null then echo has entered input parameters else echo "parameter ok" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)