Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Setting up FTP service +on Fedora 9 Post 302249193 by naw_deepak on Monday 20th of October 2008 08:02:20 PM
Old 10-20-2008
Check the permission of the FTP directory. Seems to be permission issue.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service

Hello, when I type ftp on the server (Sco Unix 5.0.4) it gives an error messages which is "ftp: ftp/tcp: unknown service" but I have this service in '/etc/services' file. Also when I want to telnet from another machine to this machine is gives also 'telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service' this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I cannot FTP onto my Fedora Core 3 server!

Hiya all, I cannot FTP onto my Fedora Core 3 server! Installed with Std Settings (Firewall on, FTP, SHH etc enabled...) My error is: FTP ****** 220 localhost.localdomain FTP server (Version 5.60) ready. User: martin 530 Must perform authentication before identifying USER. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I can't fire up MySql on my Fedora Server - Obvious config setting?

Hiya All, I can't fire up MySql on my FC-3 Server at work. I get the Error message at the end of this post. Looks like some Config problem on the Server itself. (Ie web server and MYSQL is all on the same box. I get the same errror when trying to fire up MYSQL at the Box, as well as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
2 Replies

4. Linux

Setting up SSH on Fedora Linux

Hello, I have Fedora Linux core 3.0 installed on my computer and I want to let it allow SSH or Telnet connections so that I can access my files when I'm not home. Who can help me with doing that? Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HSN
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to setting ftp

Dear expert, I have problem when try ftp to my unix box (solaris 10). I was setting /etc/default/login file for enable remote access. enabling service for ftp and in /etc/ftpd/ftpusers thereis exist root. but can not using root for ftp (message : 530 login incorrect) but with using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP service..please help me

could you please guys and gals to educate me about the ftp...implementation and how to use it on BSD? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipbalm
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help with csh env setting in Fedora 8

Hi there, How can I change bash to csh when starting a terminal, and set some aliases for csh? I can't find such files like .cshrc in my home directory. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp: Name or service not known

Hi All, I'm a new user. When I try to use ftp in a script, its throwing the below error "ftp: Name or service not known". what could be the issue??? Pls help.;) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP service/ set up

Hi Everybody, How can I understand when I login to any unix server that this server is having ftp service running? what I care is that I want to ftp something to this server and I can't, something like connection refuse. is there any ways to understand if the ftp is setup? and if not, how to set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies
ACL_GET_PERM(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   ACL_GET_PERM(3)

NAME
acl_get_perm -- test for a permission in an ACL permission set LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <acl/libacl.h> int acl_get_perm(acl_permset_t permset_d, acl_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
The acl_get_perm() function tests if the permission specified by the argument perm is contained in the ACL permission set pointed to by the argument permset_d. Any existing descriptors that refer to permset_d continue to refer to that permission set. RETURN VALUE
If successful, the acl_get_perm() function returns 1 if the permission specified by perm is contained in the ACL permission set permset_d, and 0 if the permission is not contained in the permission set. Otherwise, the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_get_perm() function returns -1 and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The argument permset_d is not a valid descriptor for a permission set within an ACL entry. The argument perm is not a valid acl_perm_t value. STANDARDS
This is a non-portable, Linux specific extension to the ACL manipulation functions defined in IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", aban- doned). SEE ALSO
acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perms(3), acl_delete_perm(3), acl_get_permset(3), acl_set_permset(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Written by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@computer.org>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL