Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is it possible to install microsoft outlook on unix Post 302249017 by DanKegel on Monday 20th of October 2008 10:33:03 AM
Old 10-20-2008
CodeWeavers - Your Home for Windows Compatibility on Mac and Linux have a commercially-supported version of Wine that can do it. Buying it helps support Wine development.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to MicroSoft Outlook Mails

I want to send a text file from Unix as an attachment to a Microsoft Outlook address. I have tried the 'elm' command which does this. But it is in an interactive mode. I want this to be automatically done by a program. Is there any other way to this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali Potnis
3 Replies

2. Solaris

outlook for unix?

Anyone know if you can download an outlook client to run on Unix? Company recently moved to outlook 2003 and I am wondering if I can install a client on my solaris 9 ultra 10 to access my internal mail.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Outlook Express

Awhile back I followed instructions in a newsletter (I don't remember which one) giving instructions on making Outlook Express very plain. Unfortunately I followed the instructions but did not make a note of the string. The last word was true. The instructions stated that if one wanted to return to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarilynNolan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)