Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting file into another file at a specified line number Post 302248842 by Annihilannic on Monday 20th of October 2008 12:45:42 AM
Old 10-20-2008
Code:
sed '2r YYY.dat' XXX.dat > output_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting New Line in File using Sed ??

Dear All, I have a file called football where i have a list of 11 players each on different lines. I wish to add a name of another player on the first line. I have created a file called footballscript in vi writing the following sed command to achieve this ... cat football | sed -e '1 i\... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a new line in a file

I'm sure you guys have answered this elsewhere but I can't seem to find where so here goes. #!/bin/bash n=120 a=$(sed '120q;d' energy.xvg) while ;do a=$(sed $n'q;d' energy.xvg) echo "$a \n" > newfile n=$(($n+100)) done exit 0 that script should read the file energy.xvg, start at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gelitini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Inserting a new line in a file using PERL

I need a perl script to find and replace a specific pattern in a file to a new line. BAsically I have a single line data in a file with 10 mb to 200 MB. I want to put a new line based on a specific pattern to open the file in Excel / Access. Following is the sample data in a file ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: portalfaq
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting line to a file

I have posted it previously but somehow could not delete the previous post.I felt i could not explain the problem statement well. Here t goes.I have a file say File1. Now i need a specific pattern from the lines to be added to the other line. File: red blue green ABC.txt@ABC END black... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngupta
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Inserting a header with column number to a 1.6 GB file with special spacing

Hi; I've been searching posts to find a solution to what I'm trying to do, but I've have NOT found anything yet. I have a file (file1) with 300K columns and 1411 rows, the columns don't have a column no. header (No header at all) and I'm trying to fetch the information from specific columns.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IP in one line of a file

Hi, I have this line: ip=111.222.133.144,mac=00:16:3E:2A:08:3C,vifname=veth360','ip=10.2.3.4,vifname=veth360a' ^ | ------- I want to insert this IP 144.133.222.111 between "144"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a sequential number into a field on a flat file

I have a csv flatfile with a few million rows. I need to replace a field (field number is 85) in the file with a sequential number. As an example, let's assume there are only 4 fields in the file: A,A,,32 A,A,,27 A,B,,43 C,C,,354 If I wanted to amend the 3rd field in this way my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BristolSmithy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting file after specific line in another file

Im attempting to insert the contents of File1 at a specific point of File2. File1 AD004 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 File2 AA001 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 AB002 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 AC003 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 Result AA001 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a new line into an already existing file

hello .. I am new to perl scripting, I have a text file, and would like to insert 3 new lines into the same file at different line numbers using perl scripting. Any Help regarding this will be very useful. say the file is sample.txt, contents are aaaaa bbbb ccccc dddd eeeee ffffffff... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalathak10
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a line to a file

Hi, consider a file called mobile.txt as follows: For type lovers, add a new line at the end of it by copying its previous line and add a +1 to the field1, field2 Additionally, there are only 3 plans available to lovers type, so it should not work for lovers type already having 3 lines under... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
11 Replies
geom(1) 																   geom(1)

NAME
geom - analyzes a molecular geometry input in Cartesian coordinates. DESCRIPTION
The program geom reads a set of Cartesian coordinates and determines from them the bond distances (Bohr and angstrom), bond angles, tor- sional angles, out-of-plane angles (optional), moments of inertia, and rotational constants. FILES REQUIRED
input.dat - Input file and one of the following: geom.dat - geometry file file11.dat - PSI-format geometry/gradient file FILES GENERATED
geom.out - file containing the analysis INPUT OPTIONS
The geom program has the following options: -h Print help information (these options). -aces [filename] Read the input in an ACES output format, with each line consisting of atomic symbol, atomic number, and Cartesian coordinates (in Bohr). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -qchem [filename] Read the input in an QCHEM output format, with each line consisting of the atom number, the atomic symbol, and Cartesian coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -xyz [filename] Read the input in an XYZ output format. The first line contains the number of atoms and the second line is a comment line. Subse- quent lines each contain the atomic symbol and Cartesian X Y and Z coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -oop Print out-of-plane angles, where the angle a-b-c-d is defined as the angle formed by the vector a-d and the plane defined by atoms b, c, and d. DO_OOP = boolean Same as command-line switch -oop described above. ISOTOPES = matrix of reals/strings Used to specify masses to be used in the calculation of the center of mass and rotational constants. One array is provided for each isotopomer to be calculated. The arrays can mix floating point numbers with strings which designate isotopes. If this array is not given and file11.dat is present, then the masses will be obtained by converting the atomic numbers in file11. If masses are not given by ISOTOPES or by file11, then no mass-related quantities will be calculated. -g [filename] Read Cartesian coordinates from a file other than file11.dat. If a filename is not given, the default is geom.dat. The alternative file is assumed to be in a format similar to that of PSI's geom.dat. Since such files do not contain atomic numbers, the moments of inertia and rotational constants are not calculated if this option is used. READ_GEOM = boolean This option in input.dat tells geom to read the geometry from geom.dat in the PSI geom.dat format. -a Print parameters for all pair distances. PRINT_ALL_DIST = boolean Same as -a flag described above. -d distance Only print parameters involving pairs of atoms which are less than distance bohr apart (default value is 4.0 bohr). PRINT_DISTANCE = value Same as -d flag described above. -angstrom The input coordinates are in angstroms, not bohr. ANGSTROM = boolean If TRUE, the input coordinates are in angstroms instead of bohr. The default is FALSE. The following example is for calculating the geometrical information for water with several different isotopes. The geometry is read from geom.dat rather than from file11.dat. geom: ( read_geom = true isotopes = ( (O H H) (O D D) (O18 1.007825 1.007825) ) ) 5 June, 1998 geom(1)