Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris finding boot reason in solaris Post 302248719 by cromohawk on Sunday 19th of October 2008 07:07:40 AM
Old 10-19-2008
finding boot reason in solaris

hi,
how do i find boot reason in solaris?
i know that signal 15 reboot is a manual reboot...
#cat /var/adm/messages | grep -i signal

what does this mean from #last -10

"reboot system boot Sun Oct 19 09:24"

is it a system boot (auto reboot by the server) or human reboot?

how to differentiate human/server boots?

please advise...

related command i use to check the boot info

#who -b
#last -10
#last|more
#last reboot|more

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris boot problem

I couldnt get my hands on my solaris 2.6 cd soo i used solaris 7 cd to boot to single user mode. I typed boot cdrom -s it bought me to my root prompt , but when i typed fsck.....nothing happened. It was as though it couldnt go ahead with fscking. it just bought up the prompt again,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris (9) won't boot!

Hi, I've just bought an Ultra 60 running solaris 9 (or so I've been led to believe). When I start up, it looks for a (presumably) domain/network to hook up to and the following messages are displayed: Boot device: net file and args: Network link setup failed Please check cable and try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
3 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

4. Solaris

cant boot from solaris CD

Hi all , I am trying to isntallsolaris 10 using a DVD , But when i try to boot from the OB Prompt i am getting this error : Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -install Boot device: /pci@1f,700000/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/ide@1f/cdrom@0,0:f File and args: -install Can't read disk label. Can't open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out how long a script runs for and exit reason.

I am running a daemon program that sends texts via a connected mobile phone. I run this daemon via CLI, and it loops a few commands (checking to see if there are any new texts). It runs perfectly, the problem is, when I leave this to run on my Ubuntu Desktop, and come back to it hours later it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris in a SAN BOOT

My current situation is like this, I have a v440 connected to a netapp central storage 3140 via fiber channel, my OS and oracle is installed in the internal drive of the v440. What I would like to do is to advertise another LUN in netapp to the v440 and let my v440 boot from it so I can start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

8. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 no sound despite finding hardware

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Solaris, less than a week to give an idea how green I am.:eek: Although new to UNIX, I've been running Linux (i.e. OpenSUSE, Ultimate Edition, Arch, and obviously Ubuntu) for many years, so, I decided to put Solaris 11 on my 12 core opteron. I had a bit of difficulty... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
23 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies
GRUB-REBOOT(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    GRUB-REBOOT(8)

NAME
grub-reboot - set the default boot entry for GRUB, for the next boot only SYNOPSIS
grub-reboot [OPTION] MENU_ENTRY DESCRIPTION
Set the default boot menu entry for GRUB, for the next boot only. -h, --help print this message and exit -V, --version print the version information and exit --boot-directory=DIR expect GRUB images under the directory DIR/grub instead of the /boot/grub directory MENU_ENTRY is a number, a menu item title or a menu item identifier. Please note that menu items in submenus or sub-submenus require speci- fying the submenu components and then the menu item component. The titles should be separated using the greater-than character (>) with no extra spaces. Depending on your shell some characters including > may need escaping. More information about this is available in the GRUB Manual in the section about the 'default' command. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-set-default(8), grub-editenv(1) The full documentation for grub-reboot is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-reboot programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-reboot should give you access to the complete manual. grub-reboot (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-REBOOT(8)