Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check that backup MX actually does its job Post 302248455 by noratx on Friday 17th of October 2008 04:56:56 PM
Old 10-17-2008
Ok...
I don't know if you are familiar with mail::toaster.. but, the suite has a script that is setup to do some checks and send a mail to the postmaster account every 5 minutes...
I just made an "qmail queue" and found this:

backup# qmail queue
messages in queue: 277
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 275
17 Oct 2008 09:25:03 GMT #547616 1960 <#@[]>
16 Oct 2008 18:31:39 GMT #547601 1163 <>

Do you know what I can do to find out why the mails is staying in the queue? I don't find much in the logs.. =(

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup job help

I have a backup program on my unix box. I run it manualy and normaly start it from the terminal. But i would like to be able to start it up threw a telnet session. I was told that i had to leave teh telnet setion open untel the backup was complete, cuase if i closed the telnet the process would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thump
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup with shell program and cron job.

Hi, The object of my program is to take automatic backup on daily basis to different folders. I have created the respective folders. when I execute below given shell program manually it is working perfectly and taking the backup to respective folder. #!/bin/sh #script to take backup on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a daily backup job from a unique log file.

Hi guys, I´m a newbie in Linux, but I´m trying to solve some problems studying on my own, but I´ve had some problems with AWK. Look, I have one single backup log file per server and I want to make a daily delection from the last backup job to show in a intranet of my work. The log files are from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To check, a table is used in a job

Hi, I have a list of jobs scheduled in unix. I want to check whether a particular view or table is used in a job. If they are not used, I can make changes to them. Thanks, Raaga (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raaga
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check mail backup cron job

i have just installed a cron job to run at 3 in the morning once a week. It's difficult for me to test if it works because the email backup program takes the email service down before running the backup. I wondered if i could ask you gurus if this would work? 0 3 * * 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timgolding
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check the status of job

Hi, I have master job which will run based on the sub jobs status. In the master job I am giving the condition like, condition: s(sub_job) f(sub_job) This scenario will work if the sub job status is success or failed. but I want to run my master job even if the sub_job was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
1 Replies

8. Programming

Refire a backup job.

how to code script using shell scripting to refire a backup job if it fails with an error code of 196? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To refire a backup job using shell scripting..........

how to write a code using shell scripting to refire a back up job if it fails with an error code of 196? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Ramnani
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON JOB not running - for tape backup from root user

I am trying a cron on root user to backup to tape using TAR command here is the cron entry 11 08 * * 6 /erdhot1cron 2>&1 >> /test3/scripts/dba/erdhot1cron.log here is script inside - edhot1cron #!/bin/bash vsysdt=`date +%d%m%y` date tar -cvf /dev/st0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
4 Replies
queue-repair(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   queue-repair(8)

NAME
queue-repair - deal with the qmail queue directory structure SYNOPSIS
queue-repair [ -htrcbn ] [ -n split ] [ conf-qmail ] DESCRIPTION
queue-repair deals with the qmail queue structure; it can create a new queue, move and properly rename a queue, dynamically change the conf-split value, convert big-todo queues to non-big-todo and vice versa, and repair a corrupted queue. conf-qmail defaults to /var/lib/qmail/ on Debian. OPTIONS
-h|--help Display usage information and built-in defaults, then exit. -t|--test Run in test-only mode. queue-repair will attempt to report all problems that it finds, without correcting them. This is the default. -r|--repair Run in repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, except if the basic queue directories (queue, queue/mess, queue/info, etc) are not found. -c|--create Run in create-and-repair mode. queue-repair will attempt to correct all problems that it finds, including creation of a new queue structure from scratch. -s|--split split Specify split as the value of conf-split. This is the number of split subdirectories for those queue directories which are hashed. The default for qmail is 23. Appropriate values depend on the volume of mail handled, OS filesystem efficiency, and other factors, but this should always be a prime number. If you do not specify conf-split, queue-repair will attempt to determine the current value from the existing queue. This option can be used, however, to change the conf-split value of an existing queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the new value). When creating a new queue, this option must always be specified. -b|--bigtoto Use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a non-big-todo queue to a big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --no-bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --no-bigtodo must always be specified. -n|--no-bigtodo Do not use big-todo. queue-repair should be able to automatically determine if you're using qmail patched with the big-todo patch. This option can be used, however, to convert a big-todo queue to a non big-todo queue (qmail will still have to be recompiled with- out the big-todo patch). If neither this option nor --bigtodo is used, queue-repair will attempt to determine this automatically. When creating a new queue, either this option or --bigtodo must always be specified. --i-want-a-broken-conf-split Force the use of a non-prime value for conf-split. SEE ALSO
qmail(7) queue-repair(8)