Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX To save the bdf information on all mounted directories Post 302248300 by adityam on Friday 17th of October 2008 08:55:25 AM
Old 10-17-2008
Regarding To save the bdf information on all mounted directories

Here clearly I am explaining my requirement.

Data center move means all the mounted unix file system is going to be moved to differnt place. So I want to write a script which will give the bdf information before movement and after movement of unix file system.

e.g:- before moving I will give bdf>bdf_info.
After moving I will give bdf>bdf_info1
Now I want to compare the % difference between the disk usage from both the files.

Please help me on this. Sorry if i made any confusion.

QUOTE=vbe;302247773]What wrong with Jims answer?

If you find the answers unsatifactory perhaps it comes from you not explaining correctly what you wish to do and give the details no?
1) What do you call a data center move:
a) moving it to another box
aa) but keeping the actual storage (we are on san...)
etc...
b) adding disks in new VG and trying to optimize using stripping:
bb) but creating same size FS
c) or ....
etc...

From what we know the only logical answer has already been given to you...[/QUOTE]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bdf question

Hi all i am working on script which uses "bdf" output to create excel sheet now when i check "Total" "Used" & "Available" i found that except root everywhere used + available != total here is example : part from bdf output : filesystem-total-used-available-%used-Mounted on ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bdf error

I have this line in a sh script: bdf | grep /var/opt/vgdb | tr -s " " | cut -f4,6 -d" " | awk '{print $2" "$1}' > vgdb_free_space.txt if I run that line in the shell it works fine but when I ran the script got this error: add_database_files.sh: line 83: bdf: command not found also I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|KiLLeR|S
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bdf output

Here is my bdf output #bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 217112 1865424 10% / /dev/vg00/lvol1 1835008 329040 1494288 18% /stand /dev/vg00/lvol7 10485760 7864080 2601240 75% /var /dev/vg00/lvol8 8454144 486597 7469647 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with retreiving files' information stored in different directories.

Dear All, I have a question. I have similarly named files stored in different directories and I'd like to retreive information from them remotely to perform other tasks. For example given: Folder 5 has files S5_SK1.chr01 S5_SK1.chr02 ....... Folder 6 has files S6_SK1.chr01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - Show all directories with full information ( and no files)

Hello all, i'm stumped.... I need to list all directories with all there info and exclude the files, then vice versa. I am not sure if I need to string several ls commands together or how to even do that. I believe I need to do some variation of ls -l but need to figure out how to take out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

bdf hangs

hi, bdf command hangs but before it, it lists all the fstab content, so i cannot find the reason... could anybody give me any clue?? thanks a lot for your attention. regards Pablo i attach syslog Jan 14 16:30:00 sv23 vmunix: hp_dlpi_wput:Received an unrecognized primitive: 101d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search information in multiple files and save in new files

hi everyone, im stuck in here with shell :) can you help me?? i have a directory with alot files (genbank files ... all ended in .gbk ) more than 1000 for sure ... and i want to read each one of them and search for some information and if i found the right one i save in new file with new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Bdf in HP-UX

Hi guys, I have to make an output of several databases we've got running on our system with the command bdf. This has to be done every 3 months. I want to put it in an scriptfile and trigger it in crontab. In the output it must display the differences in diskspace between these three monts. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djmental
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
PVMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 PVMOVE(8)

NAME
pvmove - move physical extents SYNOPSIS
pvmove [-A|--autobackup{y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|--help] [-i|--ignore_read_errors] [-t|--test] [-v[v]|--verbose [--verbose]] [{-n|--name}LogicalVolume[:LogicalExtent[-LE]...]] SourcePhysicalVolume[:PhysicalExtent[-PE]...] [DestinationPhysicalVol- ume[:PE[-PE]...]...] DESCRIPTION
pvmove allows you to move the allocated physical extents (PEs) on SourcePhysicalVolume to one or more other physical volumes (PVs). You can optionally select a subset of the allocated physical extents on SourcePhysicalVolume by giving colon-separated lists and/or ranges of physical extents, or by specifying the source LogicalVolume optionally with colon-separated lists and/or ranges of logical extents. In this case only these extents are moved to free (or specified) extents on DestinationPhysicalVolume(s). If no DestinationPhysicalVolume is specifed, the normal allocation rules for the volume group are used. You can move physical extents in use but make sure you have an current backup in case of a system crash while moving!!! pvmove may be safely interrupted by SIGINT while moving "next free" allocated logical volumes. Striped logical volume moves can't be interrupted by SIGINT because that may cause stripe inconsistencies. OPTIONS -A, --autobackup {y|n} Controls automatic backup of VG metadata after the move (see vgcfgbackup (8)). Default is yes. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -f, --force Forces physical extent move without confirmation. -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -i, --ignore_read_errors Ignore read errors while moving data. Usefull in case data is moved away from a broken or unaccessable disk (area). -n, --name LogicalVolume[:LogicalExtent[-LogicalExtent]...] Move only the extents belonging to LogicalVolume from SourcePhysicalVolume instead of all allocated extents to the destination phys- ical volume(s). A optional colon separated list or range of logical extents may be given to limit the extents moved. -t , --test Do a test run without performing any real changes. -v , --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about pvmove's activities. If specified twice, sector and device mapping information is also given. EXAMPLES
To move all logical extents of any logical volumes on /dev/hda4 to free physical extents elsewhere in the volume group, giving verbose run- time information, use: pvmove -v /dev/hda4 To move three logical extents (numbers 3, 5 and 11) of logical volume my_lv to free ones on /dev/hdb3 use: pvmove -n my_lv:3:5:11 /dev/sdb6 /dev/hdb3 To move four logical extents (numbers 1, 25, 26, and 27) of logical volume my_lv on /dev/sdb6 to four physical extents (numbers 46, 47, 48, and 49) on /dev/hdb3 use: pvmove -n my_lv:1:25-27 /dev/sdb6 /dev/hdb3:46-49 DIAGNOSTICS
pvmove returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 no source physical volume on command line 2 invalid extent numbers on command line 2 invalid source physical volume name 4 error reading physical volume 5 source physical volume is inconsistent 6 volume group doesn't exist 7 error reading VGDA 8 volume group is inconsistent 9 error getting index of physical volume 10 no logical volumes on source physical volume 12 invalid logical volume name 13 error getting logical volume number in VGDA 14 logical volume not on source physical volume 15 malloc() error 16 invalid physical volume name 17 physical volume doesn't belong to this volume group 18 more than one physical volume with destination physical extents given 19 error getting index of logical volume from VGDA 20 invalid logical extent given 21 invalid physical extent given 22 destination physical index in use 23 error moving physical extent(s) 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line If pvmove refuses to move physical extents then check the logical volume attributes for conflicts. A striped logical volume can't be moved if there isn't enough space on any one of the destination physical volumes which DON'T contain a stripe of that logical volume. A stripe can't be partially moved. A contiguous logical volume can't be moved if there aren't enough contiguous free physical extents on the desti- nation physical volumes. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_AUTOBACKUP If this variable is set to "no" then the automatic backup of VG metadata is turned off. LVM_VG_MAX_BACKUPS This variable determines the backup history depth of kept VGDA copy files in /etc/lvmconf. It can be set to a positive number between 0 and 999. The higher this number is, the more changes you can restore using vgcfgrestore(8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvchange(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), pvdisplay(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS PVMOVE(8)