Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sorting names after doing a find Post 302248014 by cesarNZ on Thursday 16th of October 2008 11:34:49 PM
Old 10-17-2008
sorry forgot to mention the output currently looks like :

myServerA
myServerB
myServerN
myServerNew1
myServerNew2
myServerNew6
myServerO
myServerP

desired output would be :

myServerA
myServerB
myServerN
myServerO
myServerP
myServerNew1
myServerNew2
myServerNew6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

find computer names from IP addresses?

Arright, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to dig up currently active IP addresses on my subnet, and my present strategy is to ping every address until I find active ones, then ping them more often to verify their status. Next, I want to find the names of the computers associated with those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find File names with sustitution

Hi All, Iam trying to find two kinds of files while ignoring rest of the files in a directory The files are like below Files to be found -------------------- perp45560 oerp4556 Files to be ignored ---------------------- oerp4556123450 oerp4556123470 I was trying the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find function names

hi, i am a newbie and have to write a rather complicated script. Assume that i have a variable called x and a C source code file say file1.c (these are the inputs of the script) and i need to find the names of all the functions in the C file containing x.Take the following code as an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samantha grace
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help, find domain names in string

Hello, i have a file contains the information like below /home/username/domain.com/log/access /home/username/domain23.net/log/access /home/reseller/username/domain.com/log/access using a loop i can read every line of the file but i wants to extract domain name like(domain.com,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyes_drinker
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

faster command than find for sorting?

I'm sorting files from a source directory by size into 4 categories then copying them into 4 corresponding folders, just wondering if there's a faster/better/more_elegant way to do this: find /home/user/sourcefiles -type f -size -400000k -exec /bin/cp -uv {} /home/user/medfiles/ \; find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting file based on names

Hi I have some files in directory and the names of files are like jnhld_15233_2010-11-23 jnhld_15233_2007-10-01 jnhld_15233_2001-05-04 jnhld_15233_2011-11-11 jnhld_15233_2005-06-07 jnhld_15233_2000-04-01 ..etc How can i sort these files based on the date in the file name so that ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files without any name i.e. blank names???

I tried using find . -type f -name " " It works only if there is single space. what if i want to find only for the files without any name(no space constraint)??? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting file names with hyphen and underscore

Hi, I have two types of file names filename1_12345 or filename1-12345 at the same time I have second type filename2-12345 in a txt file. I am trying to write awk script that will sort these names with below pattern ALL file names like filename1_12345 and filename1-12345 will go to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rider29
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a column according to the number of names

Hey, So I'm having issues sorting a data set. The data set contains entries as such; # key: sex, time, athlete, athlete's nationality, date, city, country M, 2:30:57.6, Harry Payne, GBR, 1929-07-05, Stamford Bridge, England M, 2:5:42, Khalid Khannouchi, MAR, 1999-10-24, Chicago, USA M,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNM_UKN
1 Replies
PLSTAR(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLSTAR(3plplot)

NAME
plstar - Initialization SYNOPSIS
plstar(nx, ny) DESCRIPTION
Initializing the plotting package. The program prompts for the device keyword or number of the desired output device. Hitting a RETURN in response to the prompt is the same as selecting the first device. If only one device is enabled when PLplot is installed, plstar(3plplot) will issue no prompt. The output device is divided into nx by ny subpages, each of which may be used independently. The subroutine pladv(3plplot) is used to advance from one subpage to the next. Redacted form: plstar(nx, ny) This function is used in example 1. ARGUMENTS
nx (PLINT, input) Number of subpages to divide output page in the horizontal direction. ny (PLINT, input) Number of subpages to divide output page in the vertical direction. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLSTAR(3plplot)