Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp scripting question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp scripting question Post 302248000 by Jazmania on Thursday 16th of October 2008 10:31:38 PM
Old 10-16-2008
Wow, thanks man... I'll have to test it out in a bit to see if it works for me..
Where about would you put where you want destination folder to be?

Can you explain how some of the code works?

What does the BEGIN do?
What does the line sub("-[0-9]{8}$","",destfile) actually do?
And should there be $ before srcfile & destfile in the line print "put",srcfile,destfile are they not variables?

Thanks for your help?

Last edited by Jazmania; 10-17-2008 at 12:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet FTP scripting

Hi quick question from a unix newbie Working on a project to get me using unix, the point of this project is to find a printer on the network check for jobs in the printer if the printer has no jobs do nothing if the printer has jobs then check the status for errors and e-mail the user. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting a ftp process

I am trying to automate a process in one of two ways: 1) ftp .txt files from a unix server to a Windows 2000 server. I want to do this in a script. Can I supply the login and password to the Windows server inside the script? 2) I tried this and failed: sftp .txt files from the unix server to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbernard
2 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Automate FTP / Scripting FTP Transfers

One of our most frequent questions is how to automate ftp transfers. There are several approaches. Since I'm writing this post, we will start with my favorite technique. :) In Automated FTP task I present a simple example of my ksh co-process technique. And note that later in this thread I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP scripting

Hello, I'm sure this is an easy one for you UNIX pros. I would like to create and and automated an FTP process. The script should do this: 1. Log into a remote system 2. change to a specified directory 3. copy local files to the remote system 4. quit ftp 5. wait until the next schedule ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - FTP

Can some one help with script to track ftp logins on AIX server.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP-Shell scripting

Hi Everybody, I have come across a problem while doing FTP using shell scripting. So I request any of you can give some idea of how to go about solving the problem but i request you not to give the solution please. Because i'm a java developer newly into Unix shell progrmming and am very enthu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP scripting Help

Hi, I'm trying to do an FTP script that will read from a list of files and send only the files in that list. Would this work? Does anyone have anything simpler. ftp -nv <<EOF open server user username password get $(nawk -F_ -f bbb.awk Filelisting.txt) EOF (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need FTP scripting

Hi, Please can you tell me the script to transfer file from server A to Server B (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: e1994264
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with FTP Process

Hi Guys, Good day ULF! I have a general "auto-ftp" code which looks something like this: #!/bin/sh cd $1 ftp -v -n $2 << EOF user $3 $4 prompt cd $5 bin mput $6 quit EOF This works pretty well, but I'm thinking of how can I make a code by maybe including on this code, for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP scripting issue

I dont have enough bits to post in emergency, but I have an urgent FTP issue. A client of ours wants us to pull files from his server onto our server at which point we can process it. I ask a friend what to do, but I was just give the things to do, not how to do it. I havent written a Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
4 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)