Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp scripting question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp scripting question Post 302248000 by Jazmania on Thursday 16th of October 2008 10:31:38 PM
Old 10-16-2008
Wow, thanks man... I'll have to test it out in a bit to see if it works for me..
Where about would you put where you want destination folder to be?

Can you explain how some of the code works?

What does the BEGIN do?
What does the line sub("-[0-9]{8}$","",destfile) actually do?
And should there be $ before srcfile & destfile in the line print "put",srcfile,destfile are they not variables?

Thanks for your help?

Last edited by Jazmania; 10-17-2008 at 12:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet FTP scripting

Hi quick question from a unix newbie Working on a project to get me using unix, the point of this project is to find a printer on the network check for jobs in the printer if the printer has no jobs do nothing if the printer has jobs then check the status for errors and e-mail the user. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w33man
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting a ftp process

I am trying to automate a process in one of two ways: 1) ftp .txt files from a unix server to a Windows 2000 server. I want to do this in a script. Can I supply the login and password to the Windows server inside the script? 2) I tried this and failed: sftp .txt files from the unix server to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbernard
2 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Automate FTP / Scripting FTP Transfers

One of our most frequent questions is how to automate ftp transfers. There are several approaches. Since I'm writing this post, we will start with my favorite technique. :) In Automated FTP task I present a simple example of my ksh co-process technique. And note that later in this thread I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP scripting

Hello, I'm sure this is an easy one for you UNIX pros. I would like to create and and automated an FTP process. The script should do this: 1. Log into a remote system 2. change to a specified directory 3. copy local files to the remote system 4. quit ftp 5. wait until the next schedule ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - FTP

Can some one help with script to track ftp logins on AIX server.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP-Shell scripting

Hi Everybody, I have come across a problem while doing FTP using shell scripting. So I request any of you can give some idea of how to go about solving the problem but i request you not to give the solution please. Because i'm a java developer newly into Unix shell progrmming and am very enthu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP scripting Help

Hi, I'm trying to do an FTP script that will read from a list of files and send only the files in that list. Would this work? Does anyone have anything simpler. ftp -nv <<EOF open server user username password get $(nawk -F_ -f bbb.awk Filelisting.txt) EOF (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need FTP scripting

Hi, Please can you tell me the script to transfer file from server A to Server B (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: e1994264
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with FTP Process

Hi Guys, Good day ULF! I have a general "auto-ftp" code which looks something like this: #!/bin/sh cd $1 ftp -v -n $2 << EOF user $3 $4 prompt cd $5 bin mput $6 quit EOF This works pretty well, but I'm thinking of how can I make a code by maybe including on this code, for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP scripting issue

I dont have enough bits to post in emergency, but I have an urgent FTP issue. A client of ours wants us to pull files from his server onto our server at which point we can process it. I ask a friend what to do, but I was just give the things to do, not how to do it. I havent written a Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
4 Replies
inetconv(1M)                                              System Administration Commands                                              inetconv(1M)

NAME
inetconv - convert inetd.conf entries into smf service manifests, import them into smf repository SYNOPSIS
inetconv -? inetconv [-f] [-n] [-i srcfile] [-o destdir] inetconv -e [-n] [-i srcfile] DESCRIPTION
The inetconv utility converts a file containing records of inetd.conf(4) into smf(5) service manifests, and then import those manifests into the smf repository. Once the inetd.conf file has been converted, the only way to change aspects of an inet service is to use the inetadm(1M) utility. There is a one-to-one correspondence between a service line in the input file and the manifest generated. By default, the manifests are named using the following template: <svcname>-<proto>.xml The <svcname> token is replaced by the service's name and the <proto> token by the service's protocol. Any slash (/) characters that exist in the source line for the service name or protocol are replaced with underscores (_). The service line is recorded as a property of the converted service. During the conversion process, if a service line is found to be malformed or to be for an internal inetd service, no manifest is generated and that service line is skipped. The input file is left untouched by the conversion process. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -? Display a usage message. -e Enable smf services which are listed in the input file. -f If a service manifest of the same name as the one to be generated is found in the destination directory, inetconv will overwrite that manifest if this option is specified. Otherwise, an error message is generated and the conversion of that service is not performed. -i srcfile Permits the specification of an alternate input file srcfile. If this option is not specified, then the inetd.conf(4) file is used as input. -n Turns off the auto-import of the manifests generated during the conversion process. Later, if you want to import a generated manifest into the smf(5) repository, you can do so through the use of the svccfg(1M) utility. If the -e option is specified, the -n option only displays the smf services that would be enabled. -o Permits the specification of an alternate destination directory destdir for the generated manifests. If this option is not specified, then the manifests are placed in /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc, if the service is a RPC service, or /var/svc/manifest/network other- wise. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating smf Manifests from inetd.conf The following command generates smf(5) manifests from inetd.conf(4) and places them in /var/tmp, overwriting any preexisting manifests of the same name, and then imports them into the smf repository. # inetconv -f -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml Importing 100232_10-rpc_udp.xml ...Done telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml Importing telnet-tcp6.xml ...Done Example 2: Generating Manifests from an Alternate Input File The following command specifies a different input file and does not load the resulting manifests into the smf repository. # inetconv -n -i /export/test/inet.svcs -o /var/tmp 100232/10 -> /var/tmp/100232_10-rpc_udp.xml telnet -> /var/tmp/telnet-tcp6.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Operation completed successfully (no errors). 1 Invalid options specified. 2 One or more service lines are malformed, and thus no manifest(s) were generated for them. 3 An error occurred importing one or more of the generated manifests. 4 A system error occurred. FILES
/var/svc/manifest/network/{rpc}/<svcname>-<proto>.xml default output manifest file name ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svccfg(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Oct 2004 inetconv(1M)