Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help! I need a lot of help with unix! Post 302247268 by joeyg on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 09:49:35 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Power No homework allowed here

Please see the Forum Rules --
The UNIX and Linux Forums - Forum Rules

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

Good luck with your project.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Would need a friend on the net, someone who knows a lot of UNIX or similar...

Hi! I'm fully aware of that this is not a chat forum, at least it's not what it's intended to be, but i do not find any better way of dealing with my problem... I'm using, well at least right now, a text based webbrowser, the LYNX actually, for the first time, works pretty well... Would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lot of commands not found!

Some of the commands like whereis, cc are not working and also the users can not create a file using cat > userfile. How to resolve these problems? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename a lot of files again

here I go again...kinda hard to explain so I apologize. I need to rename a bunch of files in a directory. I need to remove the first three characters of the filename, and then toward the end of the filename there is constant text inside of brackets. here is a demo (not for real) 'ls -1' of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a lot of help with a script

First off just would like to say hello I'm new to this forum but it looks very interesting and I'm sure I will learn a lot from the various people here.:b: I'm new to UNIX and more so scripting in it. I have an assignment for a class that's mostly done online and my teacher is of no help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweak
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod a lot of files

So i have about 600gb of data.. in which there are alot of directories and alot of files.. Im trying to put this on a ftp server.. So i want to set the permissions on the directories to be 755 and the permission on the files to be 644. So i used: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {}\; and find .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
6 Replies

6. SCO

Very lot of systemcalls

I have one system running SCO MP4, whitch has sometimes a lot of system calls /s : CALLS/s: 23405 calls 0 forks 0 execs 6067 reads 78 writs 11975 Krwch PAGING/s: 0 pgins 0 pgots 5983 atchs 0 pflts 322 vfltsThese values are found with the tool rtpm ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkuiper
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)