Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rm core files and pattern matching Post 302247229 by littleIdiot on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 08:08:26 AM
Old 10-15-2008
Ok, this seems to do the trick:
Code:
find ./ -type f -name "core.[0-9]*" ! -name "*.*[a-z]"  ! -name "*snapshot*" -exec rm -f {} \;

Anyone spot any flaw in this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files matching a pattern

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script. I would like to count all the files in the CURRENT directory matching a specific pattern. Could someone suggest the best/simplest way to do this. I have thought of these solutions (for simplicity the pattern is all files starting with A): ls -1 *A | wc -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to break a file into 2 files after matching a pattern.

Hi, i need to break a file into 2 files afetr matching a pattern for ex. there is a fil, file .txt which contains here i need to look for mat $ demon if it matches then i need to transfer the data into another file till the line in which a "d6s" comes,and i have to delete tat line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files NOT matching name pattern

Hi, I have following files in my directory: /TESTDONTDEL> ls -alt total 14 drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 1024 May 15 06:30 . -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 40 May 15 06:30 exception.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 19 May 15 06:22 ful_1234_test1.txt -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files by matching a pattern in file name

Hi all, I have to check whether certain files exist using a if statement. I have to check this by matching a pattern of filename: e.g. if ] This statement should be "true" if any files like test.dat11, test.dat22 etc are present in the source dir. However, this statement is checking only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweety123
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Look for distinct files under a directory matching a pattern

Hi, I'm searching for a pattern 'java' under a directory but it is returning all the files containing 'java', but I want to have only distinct files not all. please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find files matching a pattern and zip

Hi, I want to find all directories matching given pattern in current directory and zip those files. I am trying to do somethign like this. But it is not working. for FNAME in $(find . -type d | grep './\{2\}-\{2\}$'); do zip -r MatchedFiles.zip $FNAME rm -fr $FNAME done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james423
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files matching a pattern

I am on ubuntu 11.10 using bash scripts I want to remove all files matching a string pattern and I am using the following code find . -name "*$pattern*" -exec rm -f {} \;I have encountered a problem when $pattern is empty. In this case all my files in my current directory were deleted. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching pattern in two files and print the line

Hi, I want to match the pattern in file1 with file2 and print the value in file2 and paste in file1 file1: ISHO RT SR Major 96.46778 Drop Call Rate CS Critical 0.5072662 ISHO RT SR Major 97.754364... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern Matching and replacement in Gz files

Hi Techies, I need a help in finding junk characters and remove them from a Datafile. we have a file and it had crores of records like below SGSN_MCC_MNC=01150 but sometime due to the issue with sending server we are getting some junk characters in the middle of data like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
6 Replies
GCORE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore - get core image of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-s][-c core] pid DESCRIPTION
gcore creates a core image of each specified process, suitable for use with adb(1). By default the core image is written to the file <pid>.core. The options are: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of <pid>.core. -s Stop the process while creating the core image and resume it when done. This makes sure that the core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. Of course, you can obtain the same result by manually stopping the process with kill(1). The core image name was changed from core.<pid> to <pid>.core to prevent matching names like core.h and core.c when using programs such as find(1). FILES
<process-id>.core The core image. BUGS
If gcore encounters an error while creating the core image and the -s option was used the process will remain stopped. Swapped out processes and system processes (the swapper) may not be gcore'd. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 15, 1994 GCORE(1)