Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users turning CIO on and how to monitor Post 302247212 by hariza on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 07:34:04 AM
Old 10-15-2008
turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys,

I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated direclty to the database buffer cache.So now my question is how can I monitor CIO. Is there any way to get some numbers. Please any ideas will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Harby.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

2. Linux

Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux?

Hi Guys, I just wondering if any of the AIX gurus with some exposure to Linux Redhat can tell me whether in Linux ( Red Hat or OpenSuse ) we have a similar option/capability like the CIO (Concurrent I/O) which is currently available on AIX. The reason I'm asking is because in the past we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CIO in AIX

Hi, I'm reading AIX documentation : Examples 1.To list the mounted file systems, enter: mountThis command produces output similar to the following: node mounted mounted over vfs date options ---- ------- ------------ --- ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
NSCD(8) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   NSCD(8)

NAME
nscd - name service cache daemon DESCRIPTION
Nscd is a daemon that provides a cache for the most common name service requests. The default configuration file, /etc/nscd.conf, deter- mines the behavior of the cache daemon. See nscd.conf(5). Nscd provides caching for accesses of the passwd(5), group(5), and hosts(5) databases through standard libc interfaces, such as getpw- nam(3), getpwuid(3), getgrnam(3), getgrgid(3), gethostbyname(3), and others. There are two caches for each database: a positive one for items found, and a negative one for items not found. Each cache has a separate TTL (time-to-live) period for its data. Note that the shadow file is specifically not cached. getspnam(3) calls remain uncached as a result. OPTIONS
--help will give you a list with all options and what they do. NOTES
The daemon will try to watch for changes in configuration files appropriate for each database (e.g., /etc/passwd for the passwd database or /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf for the hosts database), and flush the cache when these are changed. However, this will happen only after a short delay (unless the inotify(7) mechanism is available and glibc 2.9 or later is available), and this auto-detection does not cover configuration files required by nonstandard NSS modules, if any are specified in /etc/nsswitch.conf. In that case, you need to run the following command after changing the configuration file of the database so that nscd invalidates its cache: $ nscd -i <database> SEE ALSO
nscd.conf(5), nsswitch.conf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.55 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-05-10 NSCD(8)